Cube Lube

  • sevensages7
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1 4:48 PM
      Anyone know the best lubricant for a 3x3x3?
    • Peter Douthwright
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1 5:56 PM
        Most people would probably say Jig-A-Loo, or a silacone spary lubricant of some kind. NOTHING that is oil based as this will break down the plastic in your cube.
        Anyone know the best lubricant for a 3x3x3?

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 2 2:02 AM
          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Douthwright" <pdouthwright0513@...> wrote:

          > Most people would probably say Jig-A-Loo, or a silacone spary
          > lubricant of some kind. NOTHING that is oil based as this will
          > break down the plastic in your cube.

          I'm using SILICONE OIL and it's great. Please don't give advice when you don't have a clue.

          Stefan
        • Peter Douthwright
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 2 2:43 AM
            Stephan try and be a bit nicer. I think I do have a clue. I did advise him to use silicone. My mistake was that I should have said not to use a petroleum based lubricant like WD40 or the like.

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 2 5:07 AM
              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Douthwright" <pdouthwright0513@...> wrote:

              > Stephan try and be a bit nicer.

              Alright, sorry Pether. I just really dislike that wrong advice against "oil". Oh and when I tried WD40 on a cube a while ago, it also wasn't bad.

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 2 8:54 AM
                Whether or not you have a clue, your spelling suggests that you don't.
                Just wanted to point that out...

                Just to point out the obvious, "Pether" is not a type by Stefan. He's
                mocking you.

                On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Stefan Pochmann
                <stefan.pochmann@...> wrote:
                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Douthwright"
                > <pdouthwright0513@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Stephan try and be a bit nicer.
                >
                > Alright, sorry Pether. I just really dislike that wrong advice against
                > "oil". Oh and when I tried WD40 on a cube a while ago, it also wasn't bad.
                >
                > Stefan

              • stompey1
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 2 7:06 PM
                  I use a thick silicone grease that is made to seal O-rings in SCUBA equipment. It lasts a bit longer than the silicone sprays I have used, but it also doesn't dry as fast or lubricate as much. I like my cubes a bit mushy though, so it works for me.

                  Also, don't forget the subject in your sentences; you might sound like
                  you haven't got a clue while jokingly telling others that it doesn't seem like they have a clue (thereby ruining your joke! For shame)... Unless, of course, you are aware that there is technically a zero subject of sorts(perhaps a common feature in your idiolect), which would give you a basis to tell off annoying internet trolls who point out your silly technical error. Unfortunately, this would require you to set the standard of English grammar and spelling of the message group to something very similar to your particular idiolect so that the aforementioned trolls would not be able to pull similar arguments against you (something like: "Well, in American English (and my idiolect), the second "i" in silicone is commonly pronounced as either the I OR schwa from the International Phonetic Alphabet. Many words have an "a" in them that is pronounced like schwa (as the "a" in cymbal), so it is understandable and logical that I might make an error and spell out "silacone"". (among other reasons why one might misspell a word)) Etc.

                  Enjoy the troll food.