Rubik's 360

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
      Does ANYONE know anything about the Rubik's 360? Like, methods? I
      briefly heard about the toy... and Good Morning America with ABC wants
      me to go in and "attempt to solve it" because supposedly I'm some
      "Rubik's Cube champion." (definitely not true) Really, I'm basically
      the only cuber in New York City. It's really sad.

      I don't want to look like a fool. Does anyone know about it? Are
      there methods out there so I don't look like an idiot?
    • Amir Michail
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
        On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> wrote:
        > Does ANYONE know anything about the Rubik's 360? Like, methods? I
        > briefly heard about the toy... and Good Morning America with ABC wants
        > me to go in and "attempt to solve it" because supposedly I'm some
        > "Rubik's Cube champion." (definitely not true) Really, I'm basically
        > the only cuber in New York City. It's really sad.
        >
        > I don't want to look like a fool. Does anyone know about it? Are
        > there methods out there so I don't look like an idiot?

        See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/4412103/Rubiks-360-the-first-review.html.

        Amir

        --
        http://readmytweets.com
        http://chatbotgame.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
          Yeah, try to get a hold of Dan Harris. I've only seen 2 pictures of the
          360, and Dan was holding one of them.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
            Oh this thing is annoying. The inner sphere has a weight on one end,
            and a hole on the other. So the balls rest on the bottom of the
            sphere due to gravity, and the hole is on top.

            There's really only one other thing you can do besides tipping it and
            shaking it...

            -Tyson

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
              I solved it before having to go on the air. It's kind of silly...
              nothing ground breaking. It's just one of those physical puzzles.

              >>> http://chatbotgame.com
              >>> http://numbrosia.com
              >>> http://twitter.com/amichail

            • Siva Shanmukh Vetcha
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
                Would love to see if any videos are taken while you solved it.

                Siva Shanmukh Vetcha,
                Electrical Engg Dept.,
                IIT Madras.
                Ph: +91 99623 82872

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
                  There aren't really any videos of the solving process. The segment is
                  online at the abc news website.

                  It's an interesting puzzle, but once you get one ball, it's only a
                  matter of time before you get the other 5. It's actually like when
                  people say, "so now that I've solved one side, I just have to get the
                  rest."

                  Funny how that works.

                • bryanlogancube
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
                    I think it would've been good for them to say, "Tyson's the blindfold
                    master, so let's watch him solve the Rubik's 360 blindfolded."

                    Did you get to keep the puzzle?
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
                      No, they were prototypes and they told me they had to be sent back to
                      the factory.

                      -Tyson