Re: [Speed cubing group] "THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION"

  • Jerry Adams
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
      Thank you, Tyson.

      Specifically, on this page ( [LINK:
      http://web.archive.org/web/20060410200726/www.olympus.net/personal/prmhem/edge_piece_series.htm%5d
      http://web.archive.org/web/20060410200726/www.olympus.net/personal/prmhem/edge_piece_series.htm
      ), Philip seems to suggest that the red-yellow edge in figure 2a can be
      placed and oriented with the same algorithm that worked for the same edge
      piece in figure 1a. Immediately under figure 2a, he states "We will apply
      the series as before." Of course, this isn't the case: How could it be?

      What am I missing?

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Adams"
        <jadams@...> wrote:

        > Philip seems to suggest that the red-yellow edge in figure 2a can be
        > placed and oriented with the same algorithm that worked for the
        same edge
        > piece in figure 1a. Immediately under figure 2a, he states "We will
        apply
        > the series as before." Of course, this isn't the case: How could
        it be?

        > What am I missing?

        Any understanding of what you're doing. There's nothing wrong with
        the description. Just continue reading the next four lines after the
        "We will apply the series as before".

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
          Well, you don't do the EXACT moves. Just follow his instructions.

          Why are you choosing to learn the cube this way?

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2008
            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tyson Mao"
            <tyson.mao@...> wrote:

            > Well, you don't do the EXACT moves. Just follow his instructions.
            >
            > Why are you choosing to learn the cube this way?

            Why not?
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2008
              What is your purpose? What is your goal? Do you ever hope to solve
              the cube in under 1 minute? Do you particularly like this method?