Best F2L leraning site (Short and Easy F2L's)

  • boon_pek
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
      Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
      optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
      learning F2Ls...
    • bladez740
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
        Learning F2L algorithms by rote is always hard, and not really the
        best way to do it. Try searching for "intuitive F2L"

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "boon_pek"
        <boon_pek@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
        > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
        > learning F2Ls...

      • Shelley Chang
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
          There isn't much variation in F2L algorithms, as most of them are so
          short. Try to figure out how F2L works intuitively on your own before
          searching for algorithms. You'll understand them better that way and
          probably find you actually don't have to memorize all of them.

          <boon_pek@...> wrote:

          > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
          > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
          > learning F2Ls...

        • Shelley Chang
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
            There isn't much variation in F2L algorithms as most of them are
            really short anyway. I'd recommend you figure out how F2L works
            intuitively; you'll probably find that you can work out most of the
            cases on your own. Then you don't need to memorize so many algorithms.

            <boon_pek@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
            > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
            > learning F2Ls...

          • Lucas Garron
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
              No, no, no.
              To be fast, he has to leran every optimal algorithm from
              http://www.opticubes.com/cubing/f2l/ .

              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Shelley Chang"
              <shelchang@...> wrote:

              > There isn't much variation in F2L algorithms as most of them are
              > really short anyway. I'd recommend you figure out how F2L works
              > intuitively; you'll probably find that you can work out most of the
              > cases on your own. Then you don't need to memorize so many algorithms.
              >
              > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "boon_pek"
              > <boon_pek@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
              > > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
              > > learning F2Ls...

            • Boon Pek
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
                But sometimes Optimal algorithms might slow you down due to the (F) turns, they are harder to execute. But i'll try to learn the F2L from http://www.opticube s.com/cubing/ f2l/ . And some intuitive ones.

                ________________________________

                <shelchang@. ..> wrote:

                > There isn't much variation in F2L algorithms as most of them are
                > really short anyway. I'd recommend you figure out how F2L works
                > intuitively; you'll probably find that you can work out most of the
                > cases on your own. Then you don't need to memorize so many algorithms.
                >
                > --- In speedsolvingrubiksc ube@yahoogroups. com, "boon_pek"
                > <boon_pek@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
                > > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
                > > learning F2Ls...

              • Jim
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 25, 2008
                  http://cube.xf-s.com/F2L.html

                  <boon_pek@...> wrote:

                  > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
                  > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
                  > learning F2Ls...

                • Boon Pek
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 26, 2008
                    Why are F moves hard to execute? I also find that during competitions I slowed down rapidly due to nervousness. Is there a way to prevent nervousness? I just learned half of F2L yesterday, I didn't use it in the competition. I don't want to waste time searching my memory for the algorithms and locating the pairs.

                    ________________________________
                    > Yeah, the title says it all. Which site or source features the most
                    > optimal F2L angorithms and the Easiest to learn. I'm having trouble
                    > learning F2Ls...

                  • Jim
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 26, 2008
                      -Is there a way to prevent nervousness?
                      Do you have any Valium?? :)

                      I've been to my only official competition in Ohio this year and I know
                      what you mean.

                      Seriously, the only way to prevent it, is to face it. Before
                      competitions you should be carrying your cube with you so you can
                      solve in front of other people, like family, friends, strangers at
                      restaurants, so you get used to that competition feeling.

                      Here is a copy and paste from Macky's site in the "Overall" section:

                      4. Take every chance you get to cube under pressure.

                      http://www.cubefreak.net/speedcubing_tips.html

                      wrote:

                      > Why are F moves hard to execute? I also find that during
                      competitions I slowed down rapidly due to nervousness. Is there a way
                      to prevent nervousness? I just learned half of F2L yesterday, I didn't
                      use it in the competition. I don't want to waste time searching my
                      memory for the algorithms and locating the pairs.

                      > ________________________________
                      Easy F2L's)

                    • speedcuber@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 26, 2008
                        I used to feel nervous when solving at my first few competitions, but after a while I just got over it.

                        I agree that cubing in front of an audience helps. The other thing that seemed to help me was competing in more events. If I only competed in the 3x3x3 speedsolve, I'd get all caught up and focused on that one event, and would feel nervous when competing. However, when I competed in many events, I was too busy keeping track of which event was on when to worry about getting nervous!

                        Cheers,
                        Jasmine

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        wrote:

                        > Why are F moves hard to execute? I also find that during
                        competitions�I slowed down rapidly due to nervousness. Is there a way
                        to prevent nervousness? I just learned half of F2L yesterday,�I didn't
                        use it in the competition. I don't want to waste time searching my
                        memory for the algorithms and locating the pairs.

                        >________________________________

                      • Pat (PJK)
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 26, 2008
                          For the F2L, I'd suggest watching this video, by Erik (current 3x3 single WR
                          holder):
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKvOXE__CM

                          For nervousness, definitely cube in front of audiences, it will help. After
                          you first competition, you'll be fine.

                          Good luck.

                          My Webpage: http://www.pjkcubed.com
                          Speedsolving Puzzles: http://www.speedsolving.com
                          Computer Cleanup: http://www.cleancomputerhelp.com

                        • bryanlogancube
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 26, 2008
                            When I compete, I usually go on the assumption that I'm not going to
                            win. It's just about setting PR's. Also, I doubt anyone cares about
                            watching me compete. There are faster people they can watch.

                            Seriously, at a competition with a bunch of cubers, if you're getting
                            above 20, people probably will be watching someone else. Besides,
                            most cubers are polite enough that even if you get 40 seconds, no one
                            is going to go up to you and tell you you're awful.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 26, 2008
                              But I got fifth there. I was scared that I would be watched by many people... I'm nervous! Back to optimal F2L's and intuitive F2Ls. Which is easier. Optimal F2L's are easier to learn but they are hard to deal with, espicially in the finger twisting bit. But F2L is hard to remember because of the Dw' turns?

                              ________________________________

                              wrote:

                              > I also find that during competitions, I slowed down rapidly due to
                              > nervousness. Is there a way to prevent nervousness?

                            • Dr Cinoto
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
                                Hi all!

                                We run a weekly contest in our brazilian cube forum (http://cubomagicobrasil.com) and we would like to download the scrambles automaticaly from the official scramblers, like http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/scrambles/scramble_cube_222.html.

                                I tried to do this simply with Excel access to web, but it didn´t work. Then I tried with Wget (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/) and it didn´t work either. Finally I tried doing a little program in C using Lynx (http://lynx.isc.org/), but it didn´t work again.

                                I guess the problem is that the scrambles are generated from a script and these things I tried don´t get the script results.

                                Does anyone have a solution to this? I would like to write something in VBA in Excel, but in C it would be nice as well.

                                Thanks in advance!

                                Rafael.
                                4º lugar no mundo com os pés!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKlqxair58
                                Eterno, é tudo aquilo que dura uma fração de segundo,

                                mas com tamanha intensidade, que se petrifica,

                                e nenhuma força jamais o resgata. (Carlos D. A.)

                                Sent via e-mail from Yahoo

                              • Pedro
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
                                  You can download the .zip file which has all the scramblers: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/scrambles.zip

                                  Pedro

                                  http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
                                    Pedro: He wants scrambles, not scramblers.

                                    Rafael: You're right about the scripting. How often do you need how many scrambles of which puzzles?

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
                                        Well, I don't really have a good idea to do it fully automatically, but you could open the scrambler in a browser, let it show 95 scrambles (99 seems max), and copy+paste them to a text editor. From there it ought to be easy, and you'd need to do that only once every 19 weeks.

                                        Other than that, I can only suggest the speedsolving.com forum, which is active (not dead like this group here) and has many tech-savvy guys.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
                                          He he, ok! That's a very good idea... I used to do that to scramble the square when I used Jnet and there wasn't a square scrambler there... And do this 3 times a year is not so bad!

                                          Anyway, I will try the speedsolving as my last chance.

                                          Thanks for the help!

                                        • David Barr
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 6, 2009
                                            On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Dr Cinoto<rwcinoto@...> wrote:

                                            > Thanks Stefan. I need once a week, 5 scrambles for each of the following:
                                            > 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, Megaminx, Pyraminx, Square-1
                                            >
                                            > Rafael.

                                            You could download the HTML pages for the scramblers from the WCA and
                                            put them on your own site.

                                            Add a line to each file to seed the random number generate with a
                                            constant number so that everyone who loads the pages will see the same
                                            scrambles.

                                            Every week, change the random seed to a new number.
                                          • Dr Cinoto