Cubing Limit?

  • finalfantasy2012
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hello to everybody.
      I just recently got the news of the newest 3x3 world record break. 7.08
      seconds. I've been busy lately not really checking up things like this
      for the last few months. But once I had heard of this and how close us
      cubers as a community have gotten to breaking 7 seconds. I then
      wondered is there a point, a cubing time in which we can never surpass?
      Say 6 seconds or less? Just a point where physically no one can break.
      Even if this be 4 seconds, for we will never in my eyes be able to get
      sub 1 second 3x3 times. So where is our limit? It must exist. Any
      thoughts on the matter?
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        Since you're talking about single times, the answer is obviously
        "zero seconds".

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "finalfantasy2012"
        <finalfantasy2012@...> wrote:

        > Hello to everybody.
        > I just recently got the news of the newest 3x3 world record break.
        7.08
        > seconds. I've been busy lately not really checking up things like
        this
        > for the last few months. But once I had heard of this and how close
        us
        > cubers as a community have gotten to breaking 7 seconds. I then
        > wondered is there a point, a cubing time in which we can never
        surpass?
        > Say 6 seconds or less? Just a point where physically no one can
        break.
        > Even if this be 4 seconds, for we will never in my eyes be able to
        get
        > sub 1 second 3x3 times. So where is our limit? It must exist. Any
        > thoughts on the matter?

      • finalfantasy2012
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
          Yes, but it's impossible in my eyes for anybody to get that low of a
          time. What I mean is in realistical bounds what is the limit?

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
          <stefan.pochmann@...> wrote:

          > Since you're talking about single times, the answer is obviously
          > "zero seconds".

          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "finalfantasy2012"
          > <finalfantasy2012@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello to everybody.
          > > I just recently got the news of the newest 3x3 world record
          break.
          > 7.08
          > > seconds. I've been busy lately not really checking up things like
          > this
          > > for the last few months. But once I had heard of this and how
          close
          > us
          > > cubers as a community have gotten to breaking 7 seconds. I then
          > > wondered is there a point, a cubing time in which we can never
          > surpass?
          > > Say 6 seconds or less? Just a point where physically no one can
          > break.
          > > Even if this be 4 seconds, for we will never in my eyes be able
          > get
          > > sub 1 second 3x3 times. So where is our limit? It must exist. Any
          > > thoughts on the matter?

        • Pat (PJK)
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
            Who says that someone won't get a scramble that has a 2 move solution?

            On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:52 PM, finalfantasy2012 <finalfantasy2012@...

            --
            My Webpage: http://www.pjkcubed.com
            Speedsolving Puzzles: http://www.speedsolving.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
              On 3x3x3?
              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
                I don't think we know. You shoud find out :-)

                <stefan.pochmann@...> wrote:

                > Since you're talking about single times, the answer is obviously
                > "zero seconds".

                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "finalfantasy2012"
                > <finalfantasy2012@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello to everybody.
                > > I just recently got the news of the newest 3x3 world record
                break.
                > 7.08
                > > seconds. I've been busy lately not really checking up things like
                > this
                > > for the last few months. But once I had heard of this and how
                close
                > us
                > > cubers as a community have gotten to breaking 7 seconds. I then
                > > wondered is there a point, a cubing time in which we can never
                > surpass?
                > > Say 6 seconds or less? Just a point where physically no one can
                > break.
                > > Even if this be 4 seconds, for we will never in my eyes be able
                > get
                > > sub 1 second 3x3 times. So where is our limit? It must exist. Any
                > > thoughts on the matter?

              • Kyle Bryant
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
                  Supposing that the first algorithm executed somehow lucky solved the whole cube 4-6 seconds wouldn't be a ridiculous assumption. This would be no measure of skill though, i try to pay attention to records for avg of 5 and avg of 10 (pared).