Re: Your IQ

  • d_j_salvia
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2003
      Hi Brent, Everyone,

      I recommend the book "The Mismeasure of Man" by Stephen Jay Gould.

      One of the main points is that the "intelligent quotient" of a
      person can and *grow* and change (aptitude moves into other areas) but
      since the early 1900's the tests have given people the idea that if
      their score is low that's where they are stuck at for the rest of
      their lives. Considering the inadequacy of these tests to measure
      accurately this is a real drag.

      David J

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Brent Morgan
      <brentmorganmaster@y...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > I was just thought to see everyone's IQ would be interesting, so it
      would be cool if everyone went to:

      > www.iqtest.com
      >
      > and took the test (just a 15 minute test), and then (if they wanted,
      of course) post their iq. Just an interesting idea. I got a score of
      138 from this test.

      > Brent
      >

      > :)
      > --Brent

    • Heath
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2003
        <brentmorganmaster@y...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone,
        >
        > I was just thought to see everyone's IQ would be interesting, so
        it would be cool if everyone went to:

        > www.iqtest.com
        >
        > and took the test (just a 15 minute test), and then (if they
        wanted, of course) post their iq. Just an interesting idea. I got
        a score of 138 from this test.

        > Brent

        I got a 143.
      • dishwashersafe22
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2003
          I think the results from this site are not very accurate. I took the
          test when I was 13 and got a 169 and I'm definately not a genius.

          --barefoot Chris

          <brentmorganmaster@y...> wrote:

          > Hey everyone,
          >
          > I was just thought to see everyone's IQ would be interesting, so
          it would be cool if everyone went to:

          > www.iqtest.com
          >
          > and took the test (just a 15 minute test), and then (if they
          wanted, of course) post their iq. Just an interesting idea. I got
          a score of 138 from this test.

          > Brent
          >

          > :)
          > --Brent

        • James Potter
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2003
            I agree, I think that the score is altered by adding about 50 points,
            thereby making you want to buy that certificate more. I took it and
            got a 177. The average IQ is about 100-110, and a genius is above
            130. Boy, I'm smart. LOL
            Actually, I did take a test when I was in 5th grade to get into the
            Gifted and Talented program, and my teacher said I scored reeaally
            high. Maybe I am a genius.

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "dishwashersafe22"
            <s2chris2@h...> wrote:
            > I think the results from this site are not very accurate. I took
            the
            > test when I was 13 and got a 169 and I'm definately not a genius.
            >
            > --barefoot Chris
            >

            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Brent Morgan
            > <brentmorganmaster@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey everyone,
            > >
            > > I was just thought to see everyone's IQ would be interesting, so
            > it would be cool if everyone went to:
            > >
            > > www.iqtest.com
            > >
            > > and took the test (just a 15 minute test), and then (if they
            > wanted, of course) post their iq. Just an interesting idea. I got
            > a score of 138 from this test.
            > >
            > > Brent
            > >

            > > :)
            > > --Brent