Help with stackmat problem...

  • shafiqdms
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2008
      I have a stackmat that i got like a month ago but yesterday when i
      pressed the power button it wont work, only worked 3 times
      yesterday...but today it only worked once when i like hit it and like
      pressed on the bottom...but when i press the start and reset botton
      together it shows numbers go from 1-9 and then stop so i know its not
      the battery..any help about whats going on and how I can fix it?
    • d_funny007
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2008
        I've heard that happening to several people before, including myself.
        If it's that new, I'd recommend trying to have the Speedstacks company
        replace it for you if they are willing to, since it really should be
        on warranty.

        Other then that, I suspect that the problem has to do with a bad
        contact between the battery and the contacts. Try jamming a piece of
        tissue/paper in there under the lid to hold it in place better. That
        has helped for me in the past. Another thing..., don't slam the device
        too hard. Clean each side of the battery perhaps. Rust on the contact
        points might factor in. And try a different/new battery while you are
        at it if you have one handy. (For me it matches the ones in TI-86
        calculators and in my car's keyless entry device - so it's pretty
        common type.)

        Good luck with that...

        -Doug

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "shafiqdms"