Re: Volunteers needed for cross solving study

  • d_funny007
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 29, 2008
      Question.

      It is currently done, and my client is still processing stuff. I am
      wondering if your server is still offering up work units that are
      already done, or that it's moving on to the next study.

      I guess what I'm really asking for is an update on what's going on
      and what you want us to do next. Perhaps a link to the results for
      the next study is in order.

      YOu wanted to see how color-neutral cross compares with single-color
      cross, and then place where opposite-cross lies in this continuum
      right?

      -Doug

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Vandenbergh"
      <lars.vandenbergh@...> wrote:

      > So it looks like it's going to be completed this evening and I
      would like to thank everyone
      > once more for their contributions. This has been awesome. I had a
      quick look in the logs and
      > the server received results from over 85 different machines.
      >
      > I will a post some more detailed analysis about this
      study/experiment somewhere this
      > weekend, but right now I'm in a bit of a hurry because I'm going
      to Rama's place (I heard
      > something about a birthday party taking place ;)).
      >
      > Kind regards,
      > Lars

    • Clancy Cochran
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 6, 2008
        cool i figured most of that out myself just running today, i figured i might as well start it up to see what happens to the network. i just wasn't too sure of how much was lost when i killed it before it was done. also i'm kind of curious to know how many i process, are you keeping track via ip or anything? i'd guess i've ripped through about 30-40 today so far. here's a funny picture :)

        www.rxdeath.com/pics/solvingcrosses-seriousbusiness.jpg

        Lars Vandenbergh <lars.vandenbergh@...> wrote: Thanks a lot, Clancy!

        You don't have to pay much attention to it: it will automatically retrieve packages from the
        server. If you interrupt it only the work on the package it's processing at that moment is
        lost.

        Lars

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Clancy Cochran
        <perscription_death@...> wrote:

        > hey lars, just wanted to let you know i have a bunch of servers here at work (i can spare
        about 7, all dual or quad core xeons) running your deal this weekend, so if you pay
        attention you'll probably be seeing lots of connections from my ip. i also wanted to find
        out, i don't have to initialize it for each package, it will just run and run, until i kill the
        client? and if i kill early do i loose any work its performed? just wanted to find out how
        much attention i have to pay to them over the weekend :)