Re: Visiting Cupertino February 18-22

  • bladez740
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 4, 2008
      Sounds to me like it's broken. Is your 4x4 one of the new retooled
      ones, or an older one? I think you can still order pieces for older
      cubes from cubesmith.com

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Yvonne Ryba
      <theelodge44@...> wrote:

      > hi is this tyson mao if it is my name is brenton i went to the last
      competiton if you remember me say yes please.
      > the piece what you said on the 4x4 rubiks cube its still in place
      but it comes off every time when i turn the other side around mine is
      white piece thats where it comes off of the cube if you look at yours
      you will see the writing said rubiks cube and just go to diagonal spot
      of the cube its the same white piece the white piece comes off. do i
      have to buy another one this is my second time on this it happened.

      > Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> wrote:
      > Really, Northern and Southern California should be
      considered as two
      > separate states.
      >
      > On Feb 4, 2008 8:31 PM, bladez740 <blade740@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Well, a few things. Is the 4x4 piece actually broken? Or does it
      > > still have the "foot" attached? If it still has the foot attached,
      > > just pop out an edge next to it (probably with the adjacent edge as
      > > well) and insert the center, then put the edges back into place.
      > > (this is also assuming you have a rubik's 4x4 and not an eastsheen)
      > >
      > > Cupertino is North. Way North, from cypress. By the people who
      > > answered, seems like it's in the Berkeley/San Fransisco area.
      > >
      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Yvonne Ryba
      > >
      > > <theelodge44@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > hi ron this is brenton i want to know something about mine 4x4
      > > rubiks cube this is the question if one of the middle pieces comes off
      > > and dont come on again what should i do about it now i am lost help me
      > > please. i want to know where cupertino in california is i live in
      > > cypress please tell me the directions where to go i want to meet you
      > > please.
      > > >
      > > > Ron <ron@> wrote: Hi guys,
      > >

      > > > I will be in Cupertino, California from Monday February 18 to Friday
      > > > February 22. It would be great if I could meet some of the local
      guys
      > > > that week, preferably on Monday or Thursday night.
      > > > Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.
      > > >
      > > > Have fun,
      > > >
      > > > Ron

    • Ron van Bruchem
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 4, 2008
        Hi guys,

        :-) I am organizing Benelux Open 2008 that weekend.

        Sounds like a great idea to meet at Clancy's place. How far is that from
        Cupertino?
        Please send me an e-mail.

        Thanks and have fun,

        Ron

        You should come 2 days earlier and compete at the EPGY Open! I will
        also be free most of that time so we can hang out. Maybe we can do a
        get together at Clancy's place.
        -Dan

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        >
        > I will be in Cupertino, California from Monday February 18 to Friday
        > February 22. It would be great if I could meet some of the local guys
        > that week, preferably on Monday or Thursday night.
        > Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.
        >
        > Have fun,
        >
        > Ron

      • Yvonne Ryba

          You should come 2 days earlier and compete at the EPGY Open! I will
          also be free most of that time so we can hang out. Maybe we can do a
          get together at Clancy's place.
          -Dan

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:

          > Hi guys,
          >
          > I will be in Cupertino, California from Monday February 18 to Friday
          > February 22. It would be great if I could meet some of the local guys
          > that week, preferably on Monday or Thursday night.
          > Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.
          >
          > Have fun,
          >
          > Ron

        • adtsao
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 4, 2008
            Hey Ron,

            This is Andy. We have never met, but you might know me from the
            speedsolving.com forum. I was wondering if you could come visit
            Saratoga too; it's only about 15-20 minutes away from Cupertino.

            Thanks,
            Andy

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:

            > Hi guys,
            >
            > I will be in Cupertino, California from Monday February 18 to Friday
            > February 22. It would be great if I could meet some of the local guys
            > that week, preferably on Monday or Thursday night.
            > Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.
            >
            > Have fun,
            >
            > Ron

          • Lucas G.
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 5, 2008
              Anyone up for a another big/medium meetup instead?
              http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8322

              Except, I think Games of Berkeley would be too small...

              And since I missed Worlds, I might as well meet Ron when he's over 100 times
              closer than normal. :-)
              Though I'm a good chunk North in Walnut Creek, I'd be willing to travel a
              bit.

              Can you bring along Erik? ;-)
              -Lucas Garron

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 5, 2008
                Hey Andy,

                Could you host a Rubik's Cube tournament in Rhode Island?

                On Feb 4, 2008 11:09 PM, adtsao <adtsao@...> wrote:

                > Hey Ron,
                >
                > This is Andy. We have never met, but you might know me from the
                > speedsolving.com forum. I was wondering if you could come visit
                > Saratoga too; it's only about 15-20 minutes away from Cupertino.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Andy
                >

                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi guys,
                > >
                > > I will be in Cupertino, California from Monday February 18 to Friday
                > > February 22. It would be great if I could meet some of the local guys
                > > that week, preferably on Monday or Thursday night.
                > > Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.
                > >
                > > Have fun,
                > >
                > > Ron

              • Clancy Cochran
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 5, 2008
                  yeah we can all meet up here if everyone likes, i live about 2 blocks from the millbrae bart so its easily transportation wise. i'd be willing to travel also if there is a better place to meet. ron, i'm sending you my address in a pm, but for everyone else just aim for the millbrae bart and i'll reel you in :)

                • Leyan Lo
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 5, 2008
                    I'm a little late joining this discussion, but I'm at Stanford which is
                    really close by, and would love to hang out with you guys. Monday's a
                    holiday and would be awesome to meet up then.

                    On Feb 5, 2008 8:26 AM, Clancy Cochran <perscription_death@...> wrote:

                    > yeah we can all meet up here if everyone likes, i live about 2 blocks
                    > from the millbrae bart so its easily transportation wise. i'd be willing to
                    > travel also if there is a better place to meet. ron, i'm sending you my
                    > address in a pm, but for everyone else just aim for the millbrae bart and
                    > i'll reel you in :)

                  • Clancy Cochran
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 5, 2008
                      leyan is like jello..there's always room :). i feel horrible for not specifically inviting you, but you're always so busy becoming dr. lo i assume you never have time, but you always have an invite to my place, gathering or not :) i think thursday is the day ron will be available for a meetup because of his rigorous work schedule.

                      Leyan Lo <leyanlo@...> wrote: I'm a little late joining this discussion, but I'm at Stanford which is
                      really close by, and would love to hang out with you guys. Monday's a
                      holiday and would be awesome to meet up then.

                      On Feb 5, 2008 8:26 AM, Clancy Cochran <perscription_death@...> wrote:

                      > yeah we can all meet up here if everyone likes, i live about 2 blocks
                      > from the millbrae bart so its easily transportation wise. i'd be willing to
                      > travel also if there is a better place to meet. ron, i'm sending you my
                      > address in a pm, but for everyone else just aim for the millbrae bart and
                      > i'll reel you in :)

                    • Yvonne Ryba
                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 6, 2008
                        hi my name is brenton, i got your email thanks so much.
                        Are you going to the competiton on april 19.
                        If you are going i want to know your name before the competiton please write me your name on the email what you going to send me too please.
                        I already told you this but i live in cypress. if you dont mind telling me where you live.
                        i want to know if you have a website on youtube or anywhere else on the websites but youtube it could be many ones out there too.
                        I want to know if you could tell me what equipment should i make for other rubiks cube if they dont sell them on other people website the only one i found is mefferts.com and more too but i cant tell you because there is a whole lot out there and its so much fun that i look for them too.
                        If you go on you tube and push sandy rubiks collection he has a whole collection of them thats what i want all of the different kinds of rubiks cubes and other ones too i cant name them all its to many. I want to be your freind let me keep in contact with you too please.
                        I want to know on my mom email there sending us to many people emails how could we stop that.
                        If you dont mind if you tell me how many different rubiks cube you have and other ones please.
                        Have a nice day too i will keep in contact still with you and I want to ask you one more thing if its alright for you may i email you not everyday but like if i have a question or answer on something may i please.

                        From Brenton

                        bladez740 <blade740@...> wrote:
                        Yeah, seriously. It's a shorter drive from here to arizona or nevada,
                        iirc, than to norcal. Heck, it's a shorter drive to mexico.

                        By the way, Brenton, there's a competition at the Discovery Science
                        Center in Santa Ana on April 19. That's the closest competition
                        you'll probably ever find to where you live. I took a bus there last
                        year, and I live very close to you. I could throw a baseball into
                        Cypress.

                        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tyson Mao"

                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 7, 2008
                          <theelodge44@...> wrote:

                          > hi my name is brenton

                          Yeah yeah yeah, we know now! You say that in every single fucking
                          message. Just change your username, dammit!