Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Craig Bouchard is calling out Matyas Kuti on Magic

  • Arnaud van Galen
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 1, 2008
      >>And I repeat the two key points against scrambling magic:
      >>1) It's subtitle is "link the rings" and what we're doing in competition
      >>is exactly what the original task is.
      >>2) Different states differ vastly in difficulty and time to solve. No
      >>meaningful records could be achieved with this.

      Point 1 is a valid point. I had never read that. (although the 3x3x3
      subtitle is "the ultimate braintwister" and I don't think we should
      "ultimately twist our brains" in competitions)
      Point 2 would also be valid for many other puzzles, especially square-1 and
      2x2x2.

      I still propose to find a scrambling notation and to make the purpose of the
      event "to return the puzzle from the scrambled state to either the linked or
      unlinked state". Yes, I am indeed proposing that this puzzle has 2 solved
      states and the competitor can choose (depending on the scramble) which
      states he returns the puzzle to.
    • Jon Choi
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 1, 2008
        Okay, Tyson, deal.