extremely looooooose 5x5

  • vonnedella
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2007
      I'm using a rubik's 5x5 cube. I've lubricated it, and after much
      playing with it the cube has become so lose that all the pieces fall
      out sometimes while I am speedcubing! I do not want to get the new
      version as it really sucks. What should I do to my cube?
    • Arnaud van Galen
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 2007
        This happens and because there are no screws there is nothing you can do
        about it.

        However, you can make two hybrid 5x5x5's:
        1. Get a new one
        2a. Use the old core and the new pieces
        2b. Use the new core and the old pieces.

        Enjoy your new cubes

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 23, 2007
            yea i'll do that and see what happens...and i'll do it too to my 4x4
            which is too loose also. Thanks for the advice.

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Arnaud van Galen"
            <avgalen@...> wrote:

            > This happens and because there are no screws there is nothing you
            can do
            > about it.
            >
            > However, you can make two hybrid 5x5x5's:
            > 1. Get a new one
            > 2a. Use the old core and the new pieces
            > 2b. Use the new core and the old pieces.
            >
            > Enjoy your new cubes

          • per_fredlund
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 26, 2007
              Hi :-)

              Lots of rush ill-fated conclusions in this thread.

              First of all, the retooled Rubiks 5x5x5 are looser than the old ones,
              yes, and may not suit all styles of cubing. But is it bad? No not at
              all. It's excellent!!

              Secondly, only old Wahn cubes (Krell cubes) and mefferts varieties
              have adjustable screws for the middle centers. If you have any
              Rubiks/Studio version you are in bad luck. Non-adjustable rivets
              inside ... Grrrr ...

              My 2+ cents!

              -Per