Re: hey guys

  • dillweed58
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
      Give Fridrich a try

      Good documentation here:
      http://www.cubefreak.net/

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "djtobia" <djtobia@...>
      wrote:

      > ive been cubing for a while now, and i can wow everyone at school. But
      > i need to find a way to go faster! i can average around 1:10 using
      > petrus, sometimes a little less by a few seconds, sometimes a little
      > more. But i want it to average under a minute. Im pretty good at
      > finger tricks and stuff like that. But i cant get under a minute. any
      > suggestions?

    • Christopher Chen
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
        I struggled around 1:20 with petrus, and I converted to Fridrich about a
        month ago... down to 42 sec avg now. Macky's site, www.cubefreak.net is good
        for learning Fridrich

        --
        -Chenlet

      • eric stalter
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
          I started with Fridrich and averaged about 1:30, then
          I discovered Petrus and within 2 months I averaged
          45s, 1 month later average 31 sec. I have not worked
          on speed very much lately, but I could see averaging
          around 25sec.

          But generally the fast use Fridrich or modified
          Fridrich.

          Eric

          Just make sure you understand the method you are
          using.
          --- Christopher Chen <chrisleechen@...> wrote:

          > I struggled around 1:20 with petrus, and I converted
          > to Fridrich about a
          > month ago... down to 42 sec avg now. Macky's site,
          > www.cubefreak.net is good
          > for learning Fridrich
          >
          > On Nov 30, 2007 10:36 PM, dillweed58
          > <jim@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Give Fridrich a try
          > >
          > > Good documentation here:
          > > http://www.cubefreak.net/
          > >
          > > --- In

          speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com<speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > "djtobia" <djtobia@...>
          > >
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > ive been cubing for a while now, and i can wow
          > everyone at school. But
          > > > i need to find a way to go faster! i can average
          > around 1:10 using
          > > > petrus, sometimes a little less by a few
          > seconds, sometimes a little
          > > > more. But i want it to average under a minute.
          > Im pretty good at
          > > > finger tricks and stuff like that. But i cant
          > get under a minute. any
          > > > suggestions?
          > > >

          > --
          > -Chenlet

          > removed]

          Be a better pen pal.
        • Corwin Shiu
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
            Petrus can easily give you sub 1 averages.
            What are your time splits? (Like time for doing the 2x2, 2x3,
            correcting edges, etc.)

            wrote:

            > ive been cubing for a while now, and i can wow everyone at school. But
            > i need to find a way to go faster! i can average around 1:10 using
            > petrus, sometimes a little less by a few seconds, sometimes a little
            > more. But i want it to average under a minute. Im pretty good at
            > finger tricks and stuff like that. But i cant get under a minute. any
            > suggestions?

          • Johannes Laire
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, eric stalter
              <ericdstalter@...> wrote:

              > I started with Fridrich and averaged about 1:30, then
              > I discovered Petrus and within 2 months I averaged
              > 45s, 1 month later average 31 sec. I have not worked
              > on speed very much lately, but I could see averaging
              > around 25sec.

              Sub-15 is very doable. Switching to Fridrich is quite pointless if one
              just wants to get fast.

              --
              Johannes Laire
            • djtobia
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Corwin Shiu"
                <aznspazboi@...> wrote:

                > Petrus can easily give you sub 1 averages.
                > What are your time splits? (Like time for doing the 2x2, 2x3,
                > correcting edges, etc.)
                >
                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "djtobia" <djtobia@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > ive been cubing for a while now, and i can wow everyone at school. But
                > > i need to find a way to go faster! i can average around 1:10 using
                > > petrus, sometimes a little less by a few seconds, sometimes a little
                > > more. But i want it to average under a minute. Im pretty good at
                > > finger tricks and stuff like that. But i cant get under a minute. any
                > > suggestions?

                Thanks everyone for the good suggestions, Ill try friedrich, see what
                i can do. I never checked my time splits before so for those i have no
                ideas