Not changing cube orientation, F2L

  • slowcuber
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 20, 2000
      How to do this? <br><br>Again solving with cross
      on bottom:<br><br>Situation: Target slots are RF.
      Pair is "connected on top" directly above target, with
      corner piece's bottom color on top, and edge piece on
      top right side, with color matching the right center
      piece; move would be R U2 R' U' R U R'.<br><br>OK, now
      you're saying that if that same pair is in BR or BL or
      FL position, you know the move to place it in RF,
      rather than spinning the U to get the pair above the
      target? <br><br>And, for the "separated on top" moves,
      you have learned the moves to place them when the
      target slot is BL, BR, FR, or FL, and regardless of
      where the two "separated on top" cubes
      are?<br><br>Geez, I hope this makes sense to someone :).
    • slowcuber
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 4, 2000
        Way I memorize moves is: First learn to quickly
        recognize the position in which a move starts. Then, since
        I have a terrible time visualizing where cubes are
        moving, I forget about that. I first just learn the first
        two turns or so of a move; say it starts R U R' U', I
        just try to remember R, or R U. I do that with all the
        moves. Then as a move turns up again and again, I start
        to try to remember the next several turns, R' U'.
        Usually you can see how the move finishes from the last
        three turns or so.<br><br>I also say the move to myself
        as I am doing it when I am learning a new move, I
        find this really helps me.<br><br>And then eventually
        the move is remembered all in my hands. Your hands
        can remember a surprising amount of moves.<br><br>My
        huge problem is finding the cube pairs quickly in F2L;
        that to me is the biggest challenge with this method.