[Speed cubing group] Re: SNAP Silicone Lubricant

  • Adam P. Larsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2007
      Wow, this could be a pretty bum deal for us.

      My trick is to spray a bunch of the silicone into the cap and use a
      q-tip to apply to the cross inside, as well as the sides of the
      cubies. It prevents overspray, allows for quick application, and only
      takes a few minutes to dry. I found that spraying directly into the
      cube wears out my stickers faster, takes forever to dry, and results
      in a temporary "locking" condition where the cube like to freeze in
      the middle of turns.

      Adam

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, mr_seagull_1
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > not to long ago i tried to find a can of snap to try out. i went to
      > osh home depot acehardware and true value but none of them had any
      > snap. they all said that gunk was the same stuff but its not
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tyson Mao"
      > <tyson.mao@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm going to do some research, maybe write to the manufacturer.
      > I'll admit,
      > > I haven't tried much out there, but I will be very sad if I cannot
      > find SNAP
      > > anymore. I bought four cans of gunk, and it sucks.
      > >
      > > -Tyson
      > >
      > > On 7/31/07, Kevin Nguyen <nerdalicious123@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Why would you want to taste lube?
      > > > You can die from it!

    • Kenneth Gustavsson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 12:31 AM
        I'm using an old tooth brush, spraying it, just a litte at the time and
        then brush silicone onto the pieces.

        Works wery well for both cleaning and lubing, all in one go =)

        // Kenneth

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Adam P. Larsen"
        <aplarsen@...> wrote:

        > Wow, this could be a pretty bum deal for us.
        >
        > My trick is to spray a bunch of the silicone into the cap and use a
        > q-tip to apply to the cross inside, as well as the sides of the
        > cubies. It prevents overspray, allows for quick application, and only
        > takes a few minutes to dry. I found that spraying directly into the
        > cube wears out my stickers faster, takes forever to dry, and results
        > in a temporary "locking" condition where the cube like to freeze in
        > the middle of turns.
        >
        > Adam
      • Jon Choi
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 3:08 PM
          Someone want to explain the difference between these two?
          http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(qu0b1245oco1wa550wyw1h45)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=80876
          http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/snap-silicone-lubricant-11-oz-p-67163.html?ref=42

          Besides the blatant difference in price...

          Jon Choi

          <tyson.mao@...> wrote:

          > I'm going to do some research, maybe write to the manufacturer.
          I'll admit,
          > I haven't tried much out there, but I will be very sad if I cannot
          find SNAP
          > anymore. I bought four cans of gunk, and it sucks.
          >
          > -Tyson
          >
          > On 7/31/07, Kevin Nguyen <nerdalicious123@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Why would you want to taste lube?
          > > You can die from it!

        • d_fresh2
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2 5:30 AM
            The first one is a single can..
            The second link is a 12 pack...

            Also, the title of the webpage for the 2nd one is GUNK Silicone Lube,
            even though it shows a picture of SNAP... So I would stick with the
            Ace Hardware Outlet one, for $2.79..

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Choi"