Re: [Speed cubing group] Stuck Cubies

  • simonl cube
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi James: welcome to the club.

      As far as this problem you have posted goes, I wonder: what is your
      non-dominant hand doing? When I am doing a trigger with one hand, my
      passive hand is holding the cube in a way that seems to stop other faces
      from moving incorrectly. Hope that helps: good luck!.

      What method are you using to solve the cube?
      S.

      PS check out these trigger videos, maybe they will help:
      http://benjerry.middlebury.edu/~knights/Cube/CubeInfo1.html#hints
      PPS you might find a dry silicon-based luibricant works better than a
      petroleum-based one

      >From: James Sibley <rocketkid14@...>
      >To: speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Speed cubing group] Stuck Cubies
      >Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:33:52 GMT
      >
      >I am able to solve Rubik's cube with an average of one minute and thirty
      >seconds. I know of a few ways to cut down on my time.. all of them I can
      >work on but one. Since I first played with one Christmas, I have been
      >having a problem of getting the cubies to lock up when I am turning. I put
      >some vaseline in the cube to make it turn better but that made the problem
      >worse because I overturn the cube. I am having trouble fixing my problem..
      >has anyone else experienced the same problem? How did you fix it? Sometimes
      >one face will turn as a result of my finger being in the way (like I turn
      >the left face but before I complete it, the right and back face will half
      >way turn and mess up what I am doing)
      >
      >James Sibley

      >Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today
      >Only $9.95 per month!
      >Visit www.juno.com

      Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8
      http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059