Stuck Cubies

  • James Sibley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      I am able to solve Rubik's cube with an average of one minute and thirty seconds. I know of a few ways to cut down on my time.. all of them I can work on but one. Since I first played with one Christmas, I have been having a problem of getting the cubies to lock up when I am turning. I put some vaseline in the cube to make it turn better but that made the problem worse because I overturn the cube. I am having trouble fixing my problem.. has anyone else experienced the same problem? How did you fix it? Sometimes one face will turn as a result of my finger being in the way (like I turn the left face but before I complete it, the right and back face will half way turn and mess up what I am doing)

      James Sibley

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • j_rueth
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
        It sounds like a: your hands aren't used to the way your cube is
        turning. This takes some time to grow on you and you will soon be
        able to hoan your overturning to your advantage. Your hands are
        probably used to a stiff cube so you are still turning like it is a
        stiff cube, i dunno if this is making sense.
        b: vaseline is an ok lubricant, instead you should use silicon or
        something else that won't eat you plastic. Try wiping the inside out
        and see how your cube turns, and then if you want to lube it try
        silicon.

        What method are you using?
        jake