Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: 5x5x5 preparation

  • Pedro
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
      hmm...that's a lot of work : )

      how long does it take to put it back?

      Pedro

      Brian Le <khoale1234567@...> escreveu: I lube mines by taking it apart, putting lube on each piece where necessary, then putting it back together. A website for disassembling 5x5 is http://pjgat09.gotdns.com/old/misc5a.html. For putting it back together, go to http://pjgat09.gotdns.com/old/misc5b.html

      Brian

      pedrosino1 <pedrosino1@...> wrote:
      So, I already lubed it...but it's hard, since you can't do like on the
      3x3x3 or 4x4x4, turning 2 sides a bit to create an opening near the
      center...the internals are much more complex on the 5x5x5, so it's
      hard to get and opening...

      how do you guys recommend lubing it? I'm afraid of taking an edge out
      and not being able to put it back :P

      PEdro

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Pedro <pedrosino1@...>
      wrote:

      > Anyone else? anymore tips?
      >
      > symbioticfear <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> escreveu:
      When I first got mine, I thought it was the stiffest
      thing on the
      > planet and lubed it immediately (with CubeLube).
      >
      > With about two months of wear, it is now rather loose...
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Pedro <pedrosino1@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok, this is for the 5x5x5ers...
      > >
      > > I just got my 5x5x5 (thanks, Ian :D) and was wondering how long
      > should I work it before lubing...
      > >
      > > I did that on my 4x4x4 and it's now good...
      > >
      > > I did 3 solves so far...dunno how many moves I used, but it was a
      lot :P

      > > so, how many solves/scrambling/time do you recommend before
      lubing it?

      > > Pedro

    • Dan Dzoan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
        The first time I lubed my 5x5, it took me an hour to take it apart,
        lay out the pieces, spray them, and then put it back together. I
        think the second time, assembly was a bit faster, maybe around 20
        minutes or so. It was a while ago so I don't remember for sure, it
        could have been more or less.
        -Dan

        wrote:

        > hmm...that's a lot of work : )
        >
        > how long does it take to put it back?
        >
        > Pedro
        >
        > Brian Le <khoale1234567@...> escreveu:
        I lube mines by taking it apart, putting lube on each piece where
        necessary, then putting it back together. A website for disassembling
        5x5 is http://pjgat09.gotdns.com/old/misc5a.html. For putting it back
        together, go to http://pjgat09.gotdns.com/old/misc5b.html

        > Brian
        >
        > pedrosino1 <pedrosino1@...> wrote:
        > So, I already lubed it...but it's hard, since you can't
        do like on the
        > 3x3x3 or 4x4x4, turning 2 sides a bit to create an opening near the
        > center...the internals are much more complex on the 5x5x5, so it's
        > hard to get and opening...
        >
        > how do you guys recommend lubing it? I'm afraid of taking an edge out
        > and not being able to put it back :P
        >
        > PEdro
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Pedro <pedrosino1@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone else? anymore tips?
        > >
        > > symbioticfear <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> escreveu:
        > When I first got mine, I thought it was the stiffest
        > thing on the
        > > planet and lubed it immediately (with CubeLube).
        > >
        > > With about two months of wear, it is now rather loose...
        > >
        > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Pedro <pedrosino1@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Ok, this is for the 5x5x5ers...
        > > >
        > > > I just got my 5x5x5 (thanks, Ian :D) and was wondering how long
        > > should I work it before lubing...
        > > >
        > > > I did that on my 4x4x4 and it's now good...
        > > >
        > > > I did 3 solves so far...dunno how many moves I used, but it was a
        > lot :P
        > > >
        > > > so, how many solves/scrambling/time do you recommend before
        > lubing it?
        > > >
        > > > Pedro

      • Brian Le
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
          Restringing magic takes a lot of work... Anyway, I think it took me the first time about half an hour to put it back together. You want to be careful of the center corners: they are very fragile. I have broke about 20 of them so far...