Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: wow... just........ wow..

  • Ryan Heise
    Message 1 of 77 , Mar 31, 2007
      Ryan Heise wrote:

      > Can we create a list of all 25-move sequences that amount to the
      > identity operation?

      Sorry to answer my own question, but I guess this list would be in the
      billions, and so listing them may not be a good idea :-)

      --
      Ryan Heise
      http://www.ryanheise.com/cube/
      Message 77 of 77 , Apr 12 12:15 PM
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, h_kociemba
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > > Which had to be expected. I think in a million random cubes,
        about
        > > three should be expected to be solvable in 13 moves or less.
        Those
        > > four you found with 13f, can you please find out their optimal
        > > solution lengths?
        >

        > For 1 million cubes, the theoretical distribution for the *optimal*
        > maneuvers should look like this:
        >
        > 12f: ~1
        > 13f: ~12
        > 14f: ~160
        > 15f: ~2200
        > 16f: ~29000
        > 17f: ~260.000
        > 18f: ~690.000
        > 19f: ~30.000
        > 20f: probably less than 1

        Ah, yes, I must've made a computation mistake. I tried again and get
        12 expected cubes for 13f as well now. I did it like this:

        First I looked at the right column in this statistic:
        http://cubezzz.homelinux.org/drupal/?q=node/view/68

        Multiplied the last number twice more with 13 (roughly the branching
        factor). Multiply with a million, divide by 4.3e19.

        Yeah I know, probably there's a statistic somewhere out there about
        the overall distribution, but I don't know where.