Megaminx question

  • Chris Moyer-Grice <christopher.moyergric
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28, 2003
      Has anyone else successfully lubed a Mefferts Megaminx? I would
      assume it works, I'm just checking :)

      -Chris
    • GameOfDeath2
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2003
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Moyer-Grice
        <christopher.moyergrice@h...>" <christopher.moyergrice@h...> wrote:
        > Has anyone else successfully lubed a Mefferts Megaminx? I would
        > assume it works, I'm just checking :)
        >
        > -Chris

        Yes and it does. It's a lot smoother. Still no high speed moves
        though.
      • Grant Tregay <Grant@Tregay.net>
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003

          --- GameOfDeath2 wrote:
          > Yes and it does. It's a lot smoother. Still no high speed moves
          > though.

          I'm sure this depends on how much your puzzle has been used (and
          therefore how loose it is), but I can perform triggers on my megaminx
          after having lubed it. It's definately not as quick as a cube,
          though. My megaminx is a couple years old now, and "well-loved" -
          it's the old 12-color, tiled Mefferts version.
        • Chris Moyer-Grice <christopher.moyergric
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003
            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Grant Tregay
            <Grant@T...>" <Grant@T...> wrote:
            > > --- Chris Moyer-Grice wrote:
            > > Has anyone else successfully lubed a Mefferts Megaminx? I would
            > > assume it works, I'm just checking :)
            >
            > --- GameOfDeath2 wrote:
            > > Yes and it does. It's a lot smoother. Still no high speed moves
            > > though.
            >
            > I'm sure this depends on how much your puzzle has been used (and
            > therefore how loose it is), but I can perform triggers on my
            megaminx
            > after having lubed it. It's definately not as quick as a cube,
            > though. My megaminx is a couple years old now, and "well-loved" -
            > it's the old 12-color, tiled Mefferts version.

            Thanks- I've had it since christmas and it's pretty used, but not
            really loose. It moved really quick after lubing- almost faster than
            the cube I have that I just lubed on the same day. :)
          • cubacca1972
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003
              > --- GameOfDeath2 wrote:
              My megaminx is a couple years old now, and "well-loved" -
              > it's the old 12-color, tiled Mefferts version.

              What was the color scheme on the 12 color tiled megaminx? I just
              ordered a megaminx and a set of tiles, and am wondering if there is
              an official color scheme.

              Lucas
            • Grant Tregay <Grant@Tregay.net>
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003
                --- cubacca1972 wrote:
                > What was the color scheme on the 12 color tiled megaminx? I just
                > ordered a megaminx and a set of tiles, and am wondering if there is
                > an official color scheme.

                I don't know about it being an official color scheme, but it's like
                this:
                Northern hemisphere = dark colors
                - dark green (U face)
                clockwise around U face:
                - dark blue
                - red
                - brown
                - dark pink
                - purple

                Southern hemisphere = light colors
                - light green (D face - opposite dark green)
                clockwise around D face
                - light blue (opposite dark blue)
                - white
                - yellow