Re: [Speed cubing group] Learn cubing tricks from Will Smith!

  • d_funny007
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
      THANKS! I really have to try that one sometime.

      Will S. needs a real speedcube though, that one in the clip doesn't
      look so great...

      His technique could still use a lot of work. He is consistant, seems
      to know his stuff well, and his reaction time isn't bad. Practicing a
      good cubing style and aquiring a cube that is loose enough to do U/U'
      using the index fingers - I believe are what would help his times the
      most.

      "He probably practices this every day"??? I'm sure if he did that then
      he'd be breaking 30s by now. This guy actually has a life though,
      unlike some of us o_O...

      He kissed her on the cheeks! But he's married... so I don't know about
      that. (I am the type of person that woulnd't touch another woman once
      I get married.) I think that girl is really hot!

      -Doug

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hunt"

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
        I made him a fantastic speed cube! The cube he used in the movie was a
        very very good speed cube. I was solving it sub-18 without much
        problem. Chris Liccardi also made him a speed cube with tiles that
        says "Will's Cube" on it.

        You know... his technique could use a lot of work, but it's just not a
        priority for him.

        -Tyson

        On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:11 AM, d_funny007 wrote:

        > THANKS! I really have to try that one sometime.
        >
        > Will S. needs a real speedcube though, that one in the clip doesn't
        > look so great...
        >
        > His technique could still use a lot of work. He is consistant, seems
        > to know his stuff well, and his reaction time isn't bad. Practicing a
        > good cubing style and aquiring a cube that is loose enough to do U/U'
        > using the index fingers - I believe are what would help his times the
        > most.
        >
        > "He probably practices this every day"??? I'm sure if he did that then
        > he'd be breaking 30s by now. This guy actually has a life though,
        > unlike some of us o_O...
        >
        > He kissed her on the cheeks! But he's married... so I don't know about
        > that. (I am the type of person that woulnd't touch another woman once
        > I get married.) I think that girl is really hot!
        >
        > -Doug
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hunt"
        > <huntca@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've tried that trick as well and I find it works best with a female
        > > audience. The key is to perform it as close to the end of the solve
        > as
        > > possible so that the viewer is still in a state of shock.
        > >
        > > -Chris

      • Pedro
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
          Tyson, was it you or your brother that taught him? or both of you? or you 2 and Lars?

          Pedro

          Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> escreveu: I made him a fantastic speed cube! The cube he used in the movie was a
          very very good speed cube. I was solving it sub-18 without much
          problem. Chris Liccardi also made him a speed cube with tiles that
          says "Will's Cube" on it.

          You know... his technique could use a lot of work, but it's just not a
          priority for him.

          -Tyson

          On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:11 AM, d_funny007 wrote:

          > THANKS! I really have to try that one sometime.
          >
          > Will S. needs a real speedcube though, that one in the clip doesn't
          > look so great...
          >
          > His technique could still use a lot of work. He is consistant, seems
          > to know his stuff well, and his reaction time isn't bad. Practicing a
          > good cubing style and aquiring a cube that is loose enough to do U/U'
          > using the index fingers - I believe are what would help his times the
          > most.
          >
          > "He probably practices this every day"??? I'm sure if he did that then
          > he'd be breaking 30s by now. This guy actually has a life though,
          > unlike some of us o_O...
          >
          > He kissed her on the cheeks! But he's married... so I don't know about
          > that. (I am the type of person that woulnd't touch another woman once
          > I get married.) I think that girl is really hot!
          >
          > -Doug
          >
          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hunt"
          > <huntca@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've tried that trick as well and I find it works best with a female
          > > audience. The key is to perform it as close to the end of the solve
          > as
          > > possible so that the viewer is still in a state of shock.
          > >
          > > -Chris

        • Lars Petrus
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
            On Jan 2, 2007, at 0:11, d_funny007 wrote:

            > THANKS! I really have to try that one sometime.
            >
            > Will S. needs a real speedcube though, that one in the clip doesn't
            > look so great...

            That's a cube the interviewer ambushed him with. It's probably brand
            new.

            > He kissed her on the cheeks! But he's married... so I don't know about
            > that. (I am the type of person that woulnd't touch another woman once
            > I get married.) I think that girl is really hot!

            I think Will and his wife has made it clear that they're on the
            opposite end of that spectrum from you.

            "The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open."
            --- Frank Zappa

            Lars Petrus - lars@... http://lar5.com