Re: peeling stickers

  • andyaycw
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
      So it is not necessary to get ALL of the gunk off? Just most of it?
      Hm, I was always under the impression that before applying stickers,
      you should clean off the surface very cleanly...I was wondering how
      pro cubers resticker their cubes at competitions when the need for it
      arises. Though, perhaps I was under the wrong impression...?
    • Pedro
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
        I also have that problem...there's no Goo Gone where I live...lol...so I have to find another ways...I remember that alcohol worked for me once...but some time ago I was restickering my 4x4x4 and it didn't work...I tried...I don't know the name in english...is that thing you use to wash clothes and make them white...lol...and smells strong...

        oh, another thing I found is that using that blade from cubesmith is actually worse (at least for me). It lefts more "goo" on the cube that using your hands to peel the stickers...

        Pedro

        andyaycw <andyaycw@...> escreveu: So it is not necessary to get ALL of the gunk off? Just most of it?
        Hm, I was always under the impression that before applying stickers,
        you should clean off the surface very cleanly...I was wondering how
        pro cubers resticker their cubes at competitions when the need for it
        arises. Though, perhaps I was under the wrong impression...?

      • skeneegee
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
          You can use some packaging tape to pull the adhesive from the old
          stickers off of your cube. It works great.

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "andyaycw"