Happy New Year!

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Happy New Year to all our puzzle friends!

      2006 was a great year for cubing.

      We had 33 official WCA competitions (2005: 24).
      If you want a competition near you, then why not organize it yourself.
      We can help! I am looking very much forward to new countries,
      especially China, India and Russia.

      We had 822 3x3 solvers in WCA competitions (2005: 517).

      The only WRs that weren't broken in 2006 were:
      - 3x3 Fewest moves (though it was equaled)
      - Rubik's Clock (single and average)
      Source:
      http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/regions.php?
      regionId=&eventId=&years=&history=History

      We had 6544 unofficial world record items posted on speedcubing.com.
      (2005: 4405). This is an average of 17.93 per day.

      We had many many tv appearances, including some big ones in USA, Japan,
      Korea and Taiwan. Our hobby is getting more and more popular.

      I hope we will meet again this year.
      You don't want to miss the World Championship 2007 in Budapest!
      It will be announced soon.

      Let 2007 be a year in good health for us all, with more competitions,
      in more countries, with more competitors, with better results, under
      fair conditions and with more fun!

      Have fun,

      Ron
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:

        > The only WRs that weren't broken in 2006 were:
        > - 3x3 Fewest moves (though it was equaled)
        > - Rubik's Clock (single and average)
        > Source:
        > http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/regions.php?
        > regionId=&eventId=&years=&history=History

        Viewing the message on yahoo.com that link gets broken and doesn't
        show the history. Short enough version:

        http://worldcubeassociation.org/results/regions.php?history=1