Re: 2x2x2 Solutions

  • megafrikkie
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi Aaron,
      you might take a look at my site. There are a lot of 2x2 solutions on
      it variating from beginner to expert.
      Have fun!
      Erik

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "aaronmwiginton"
      <aaronmwiginton@...> wrote:

      > I ordered a 2x2x2 cube and was wondering if there are any good
      > solutions guides I can look at while I wait for it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Aaron

    • c3a
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Erik,
        and your site address is?
        thx.

        Honza

        megafrikkie wrote:

        > Hi Aaron,
        > you might take a look at my site. There are a lot of 2x2 solutions on
        > it variating from beginner to expert.
        > Have fun!
        > Erik
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com>, "aaronmwiginton"
        > <aaronmwiginton@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I ordered a 2x2x2 cube and was wondering if there are any good
        > > solutions guides I can look at while I wait for it.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Aaron

      • Jeff Soesbe
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Aaron --

          You can, of course, use your standard 3x3x3 method and then just do
          the corners. Something like: do first layer, permute second layer
          corners, orient second layer corners. I used to do this and it worked
          just fine.

          I've now switched to using the first part of the "corners first"
          method called Ortega-Jelinik. I really like this method for a 2x2x2,
          it's very quick with very little memorization (I memorized most
          routines in a day).

          Here's a link to the method:

          http://rubikscube.info/ortega.html

          Ortega-Jelinik goes:
          - do one side (don't worry about permutation)
          - orient opposite side
          - permute everything

          If I had a decent 2x2x2 (mine's way too loose), I think I could
          probably regularly hit sub-10 seconds with this method and a little
          more practice (US Nationals I averaged 12.86). Your mileage may vary.

          yeff

          <aaronmwiginton@...> wrote:

          > I ordered a 2x2x2 cube and was wondering if there are any good
          > solutions guides I can look at while I wait for it.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Aaron

        • aaronmwiginton
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be a great help. I don't
            orient the corners like a lot of other people, so the website will be
            very helpful. Perhaps I should have learned this way first. Oh
            well.

            Thanks again
            aaron

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Soesbe"
            <yeff@...> wrote:

            > Aaron --
            >
            > You can, of course, use your standard 3x3x3 method and then just do
            > the corners. Something like: do first layer, permute second layer
            > corners, orient second layer corners. I used to do this and it
            worked
            > just fine.
            >
            > I've now switched to using the first part of the "corners first"
            > method called Ortega-Jelinik. I really like this method for a
            2x2x2,
            > it's very quick with very little memorization (I memorized most
            > routines in a day).
            >
            > Here's a link to the method:
            >
            > http://rubikscube.info/ortega.html
            >
            > Ortega-Jelinik goes:
            > - do one side (don't worry about permutation)
            > - orient opposite side
            > - permute everything
            >
            > If I had a decent 2x2x2 (mine's way too loose), I think I could
            > probably regularly hit sub-10 seconds with this method and a little
            > more practice (US Nationals I averaged 12.86). Your mileage may
            vary.

            > yeff
            >

            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "aaronmwiginton"
            > <aaronmwiginton@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I ordered a 2x2x2 cube and was wondering if there are any good
            > > solutions guides I can look at while I wait for it.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Aaron

          • megafrikkie
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2006