Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Solving the 3x3x3 group ...

  • David Barr
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2006
      On 10/31/06, David Barr <david20708@...> wrote:

      > I haven't figured out all of step 4 yet. You could use this alg to do
      > a three cycle of corners:
      >
      > (R2 u)*18 u (R2 u)*6

      I mean edges. Duh.
    • Per Kristen Fredlund
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi :-)

        That's an interesting method that should work well. In fact corner 3-
        cycles are impossible. Still the problem of solving the edges
        effectively remains. My short way to cycle 3-edges is like this:

        (R u2)*2 R' u2 R' u' (R' u2)*2 R u2 R u

        Edge 2-flip is like so:

        (R u2)*2 R' u2 R' u (R' u2)*2 R u2 R u' (compare w d 3-cycle)

        Regards,

        -Per

        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "David Barr"
        <david20708@...> wrote:

        > On 10/31/06, d_funny007 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am solving CF, and need to rotate the centers and have no
        idea how
        > > to do this. I think solving CF is a good method.
        >
        > How about this method?
        >
        > 1 - first layer corners
        > 2 - align centers with upper layer corners
        > 3 - fix upper layer corner orientation
        > 4 - edges
        >
        > For step 2, you can use algs like:
        >
        > R2 u2 R u2 R2 u
        >
        > For step 3, just use Sune algs (R u R' u R u2 R'). You have to
        use an
        > even number of these because each one will rotate the upper corners
        > 180 degrees out of alignment with the centers.
        >
        > I haven't figured out all of step 4 yet. You could use this alg
        to do
        > a three cycle of corners:
        >
        > (R2 u)*18 u (R2 u)*6

      • megafrikkie
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hmm, if you want to solve corners first, I suggest doing Guimond
          method for that bit and then solving the centers in 2 moves which can
          mostly done with solving the first edge at the same time. And if you
          want only RU moves for Guimond, that is possible too....

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Per Kristen Fredlund"
          <aspiring_to_love@...> wrote:

          > Hi :-)
          >
          > That's an interesting method that should work well. In fact corner 3-
          > cycles are impossible. Still the problem of solving the edges
          > effectively remains. My short way to cycle 3-edges is like this:
          >
          > (R u2)*2 R' u2 R' u' (R' u2)*2 R u2 R u
          >
          > Edge 2-flip is like so:
          >
          > (R u2)*2 R' u2 R' u (R' u2)*2 R u2 R u' (compare w d 3-cycle)
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > -Per
          >
          > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "David Barr"
          > <david20708@> wrote:
          > >
          > > On 10/31/06, d_funny007 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I am solving CF, and need to rotate the centers and have no
          > idea how
          > > > to do this. I think solving CF is a good method.
          > >
          > > How about this method?
          > >
          > > 1 - first layer corners
          > > 2 - align centers with upper layer corners
          > > 3 - fix upper layer corner orientation
          > > 4 - edges
          > >
          > > For step 2, you can use algs like:
          > >
          > > R2 u2 R u2 R2 u
          > >
          > > For step 3, just use Sune algs (R u R' u R u2 R'). You have to
          > use an
          > > even number of these because each one will rotate the upper corners
          > > 180 degrees out of alignment with the centers.
          > >
          > > I haven't figured out all of step 4 yet. You could use this alg
          > to do
          > > a three cycle of corners:
          > >
          > > (R2 u)*18 u (R2 u)*6

        • Per Kristen Fredlund
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
            Hi :-)

            No, this is strictly <u,R> solving. No singular U turns allowed. U
            is always turned dragging e layer along with it, making it u. And
            also no physical orientation of the cube either :-)

            Have fun!

            -Per