Re: stickers for keychain?...

  • d_funny007
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 3, 2006
      Contact Cubesmith, he was selling them in SF. I got a set for
      myself, they worked out pretty good. They come with a few spares for
      each face. I don't see them on his site though, so I guess you'll
      have to e-mail him.

      I have two keychain cubes now, they are really cute... wonder if
      he'll ever make them in light blue and pink like the regular one.

      -Doug

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Brent Morgan

      checked www.rubiks.com doesn't sell them...
      > -bm

    • Billy at Comcast
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 4, 2006
        I would recommend getting colored electrician's tape and cutting them into squares. I find it to stick better than the original cube stickers.

        Back when I couldn't find any stores that sold the octagonal barrel, I got desperate and created one out of my first cube. I filled the 12 shaved cubies with plastic wood. And I used electrician's tape for the four additional colors.

        Billy

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 5, 2006
          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Billy at Comcast"
          <billygard@...> wrote:

          > I would recommend getting colored electrician's tape and cutting
          > them into squares. I find it to stick better than the original cube
          > stickers.

          And how does it compare to cubesmith's?

          Stefan
        • Billy at Comcast
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 7, 2006
            > > I would recommend getting colored electrician's tape and cutting
            > > them into squares.
            > And how does it compare to cubesmith's?

            I've so far been my own cubesmith. So I don't know how good replacement stickers can be. I just know how well the electrician's tape is. And they tend to stick as firmly as any I tried. Even the original cube stickers tend to slide around as if the gumming were still wet.

          • jello33
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 8, 2006
              Hello,

              I've got Keychain sets listed on the site right now. I've had them
              ready for a few weeks but just haven't been able to get them up on the
              site until now.

              Thanks

              Chris
              www.cubesmith.com

              <billygard@...> wrote:

              > > > I would recommend getting colored electrician's tape and cutting
              > > > them into squares.
              > > And how does it compare to cubesmith's?
              >
              > I've so far been my own cubesmith. So I don't know how good
              replacement stickers can be. I just know how well the electrician's
              tape is. And they tend to stick as firmly as any I tried. Even the
              original cube stickers tend to slide around as if the gumming were
              still wet.

            • Jasmine Lee
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 12, 2006
                I also used to use coloured electrical tape as it was preferable to the
                Rubik's stickers
                (http://speedcuber.blogspot.com/2004/09/re-stickering-rubiks-cubes.html),
                but once I tried CubeSmith stickers I never went back to electrical
                tape.

                I have experimented with many things (Rubik's stickers, electrical tape,
                nail polish) and CubeSmith stickers are THE BEST option for
                re-stickering that I have tried!! :)

                Jasmine

                On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:25:06 -0700, "Billy at Comcast"
                <billygard@...> said:
                > > > I would recommend getting colored electrician's tape and cutting
                > > > them into squares.
                > > And how does it compare to cubesmith's?
                >
                > I've so far been my own cubesmith. So I don't know how good replacement
                > stickers can be. I just know how well the electrician's tape is. And they
                > tend to stick as firmly as any I tried. Even the original cube stickers
                > tend to slide around as if the gumming were still wet.

                wherever you are
              • rubiksfriend
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 8, 2007
                  This is, I'm sure, a very popular topic. I'm very interested in
                  finding more information concerning various Corners First methods;
                  I've heard of the Waterman method, and looked at it, but am confused.
                  It also seems impossible to learn it incrementally. Any thoughts?
                • Kenneth Gustavsson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 8, 2007
                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "rubiksfriend"
                    <mooseman6792@...> wrote:

                    > This is, I'm sure, a very popular topic. I'm very interested in
                    > finding more information concerning various Corners First methods;
                    > I've heard of the Waterman method, and looked at it, but am confused.
                    > It also seems impossible to learn it incrementally. Any thoughts?

                    This is my approach, not pure CF doe:

                    1) Solve the four F2L pairs at first = wery easy to do, normally the
                    first pair is done or only one turn away.

                    2) Do CLL

                    3) Choose the best side (U or D) to use for FL and put down the edges
                    using MU turns. The first two you pair with centres so you also solve
                    those in this step (do not do opposite sides as the two first, if you
                    did RD edge and R centre first then do F or B but not L as second by
                    putting down F (or B) centre, D centre and the edge that goes between
                    them as a 1x2x2 block.)

                    4) Do ELL

                    Done!

                    // Kenneth
                  • rubiksfriend
                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 4 4:55 PM
                      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Gustavsson"
                      <kenneth@...> wrote:

                      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "rubiksfriend"
                      > <mooseman6792@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > This is, I'm sure, a very popular topic. I'm very interested in
                      > > finding more information concerning various Corners First
                      methods;
                      > > I've heard of the Waterman method, and looked at it, but am
                      confused.
                      > > It also seems impossible to learn it incrementally. Any thoughts?
                      > >

                      > This is my approach, not pure CF doe:
                      >
                      > 1) Solve the four F2L pairs at first = wery easy to do, normally
                      the
                      > first pair is done or only one turn away.
                      >
                      > 2) Do CLL
                      >
                      > 3) Choose the best side (U or D) to use for FL and put down the
                      edges
                      > using MU turns. The first two you pair with centres so you also
                      solve
                      > those in this step (do not do opposite sides as the two first, if
                      you
                      > did RD edge and R centre first then do F or B but not L as second
                      by
                      > putting down F (or B) centre, D centre and the edge that goes
                      between
                      > them as a 1x2x2 block.)
                      >
                      > 4) Do ELL
                      >
                      > Done!
                      >
                      > // Kenneth

                      Why does hardly any cuber use the Waterman Method? I only know of
                      Josef Jelinek. It seems really fast, with a nice balance of
                      intuition and memorization.