SV: [Speed cubing group] Re: program request : BLD practice tool

  • zorin_r
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 5 3:44 PM
      I think J is some kind of special language for mathematical
      programming. And yes, it is totally crazy. If you want to find the
      10001 st prime number, J can do it with this code:
      p: 10000

      I don´t know how to write J. Some time ago i found this example and
      that is all J i can :)

      Maybe I should post the code for the same program in Ook! to :)

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Hayes"
      <swedishlf@...> wrote:

      > Never tried barinf*, never heard of ook. Have you guys ever seen a
      > successful program in J though? That's got to be the craziest damn
      > language I've ever seen!
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Matt M."
      > <mmoberly@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, zorin_r <no_reply@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Whoho...programming contest :)
      > > > Who will be first whith a Befunge
      > > > or Brainf**k solution.
      > > >

      > > I prefer to write in Ook!
      > >
      > > Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook. Ook!

    • Terje Kristensen
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 5 11:49 PM
        Brainf**k is a totally cool language, but since it has a total of 8
        commands, it's hard to get the random values needed for this program.

        Ook is just a crazy version of brainf**k with the same commands but
        written differently.

        If anyone is interrested in different languages, check out this page
        with the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall" programmed in 966
        different languages :)

        http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/

        Terje

        I think J is some kind of special language for mathematical
        programming. And yes, it is totally crazy. If you want to find the
        10001 st prime number, J can do it with this code:
        p: 10000

        I don´t know how to write J. Some time ago i found this example and
        that is all J i can :)

        Maybe I should post the code for the same program in Ook! to :)

        --- In speedsolvingrubiksc
        <mailto:speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com> ube@yahoogroups.com,
        "Daniel Hayes"
        <swedishlf@...> wrote:

        > Never tried barinf*, never heard of ook. Have you guys ever seen a
        > successful program in J though? That's got to be the craziest damn
        > language I've ever seen!
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubiksc
        <mailto:speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com> ube@yahoogroups.com,
        "Matt M."

        zorin_r <no_reply@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Whoho...programming contest :)
        > > > Who will be first whith a Befunge
        > > > or Brainf**k solution.
        > > >

        > > I prefer to write in Ook!
        > >
        > > Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook. Ook!

      • thomkirjava
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 6 3:12 AM
          Brainfuck is very cool for an obfuscated programming language. The
          countless derivitives are very fun, such as doublefuck and xastha. I
          created the latter myself :)

          If you wanna go crazy obscure, look at whitespace, dis or malborge. As
          far as I know, the most advanced program created in malborge so far
          was 'Hello World' and that was generated by a computer.

          ~Thom

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Terje Kristensen"
          <terje.kristensen@...> wrote:

          > Brainf**k is a totally cool language, but since it has a total of 8
          > commands, it's hard to get the random values needed for this program.
          >
          > Ook is just a crazy version of brainf**k with the same commands but
          > written differently.
          >
          > If anyone is interrested in different languages, check out this page
          > with the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall" programmed in 966
          > different languages :)
          >
          > http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/
          >
          > Terje

        • Terje Kristensen
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 6 3:43 AM
            Hey Thom.

            If you look at the link i sent, there is actually made a malbolge
            version of "99 bottles of beer", and that is pretty darn amazing
            considering the spec of that language. Just creating a compiler should
            be almost impossible :)

            Terje

            p.s. I guessed that you meant malbolge, and not malborge :)

            Brainfuck is very cool for an obfuscated programming language. The
            countless derivitives are very fun, such as doublefuck and xastha. I
            created the latter myself :)

            If you wanna go crazy obscure, look at whitespace, dis or malborge. As
            far as I know, the most advanced program created in malborge so far
            was 'Hello World' and that was generated by a computer.

            ~Thom

            --- In speedsolvingrubiksc
            <mailto:speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com> ube@yahoogroups.com,
            "Terje Kristensen"
            <terje.kristensen@...> wrote:

            > Brainf**k is a totally cool language, but since it has a total of 8
            > commands, it's hard to get the random values needed for this program.
            >
            > Ook is just a crazy version of brainf**k with the same commands but
            > written differently.
            >
            > If anyone is interrested in different languages, check out this page
            > with the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall" programmed in 966
            > different languages :)
            >
            > http://www.99- <http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/>
            bottles-of-beer.net/

            > Terje

            <mailto:ube%40yahoogroups.com> com,
            > "Daniel Hayes"
            > <swedishlf@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Never tried barinf*, never heard of ook. Have you guys ever seen a
            > > successful program in J though? That's got to be the craziest damn
            > > language I've ever seen!
            > >
            > > --- In speedsolvingrubiksc
            > <mailto:speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com> ube@yahoogroups.
            <mailto:ube%40yahoogroups.com> com,
            > "Matt M."
            > > <mmoberly@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In speedsolvingrubiksc
            > <mailto:speedsolvingrubikscube%40yahoogroups.com> ube@yahoogroups.
            <mailto:ube%40yahoogroups.com> com,
            > zorin_r <no_reply@>

            > > > I prefer to write in Ook!
            > > >
            > > > Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook. Ook!

          • thomkirjava
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 6 5:17 AM
              Hey, yeah, I think I spelt it wrong.

              The malbolge version of 99 bottle is actually just a hello world
              application generated by a computer. It contains no loop function or
              decriment statement, and just prints the text as a single block. In
              this sense it it just another printf "Hello World" application. That
              said, I've not looked at the site recently, so the version might have
              changed. I'll look later.

              It's still pretty amazing though. To work on malbolge, you think of it
              as an encryption challenge, rather than a programming exercise.

              ~Thom

              EDIT: Just looked, you were right. I'm impressed!

              <terje.kristensen@...> wrote:

              > Hey Thom.
              >
              > If you look at the link i sent, there is actually made a malbolge
              > version of "99 bottles of beer", and that is pretty darn amazing
              > considering the spec of that language. Just creating a compiler should
              > be almost impossible :)
              >
              > Terje
              >
              > p.s. I guessed that you meant malbolge, and not malborge :)

            • GameOfDeath2
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 6 3:25 PM
                <terje.kristensen@...> wrote:

                > Brainf**k is a totally cool language, but since it has a total of 8
                > commands, it's hard to get the random values needed for this program.
                >
                > Ook is just a crazy version of brainf**k with the same commands but
                > written differently.
                >
                > If anyone is interrested in different languages, check out this page
                > with the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall" programmed in 966
                > different languages :)
                >
                > http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/
                >
                > Terje

                Do you know where to find the word-list for the Shakespeare language on this site?

              • Terje Kristensen
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 6 11:41 PM
                  No, I'm afraid I dont know where to find the word list for that
                  language.

                  Terje

                  > Brainf**k is a totally cool language, but since it has a total of 8
                  > commands, it's hard to get the random values needed for this program.
                  >
                  > Ook is just a crazy version of brainf**k with the same commands but
                  > written differently.
                  >
                  > If anyone is interrested in different languages, check out this page
                  > with the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall" programmed in 966
                  > different languages :)
                  >
                  > http://www.99- <http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/>
                  bottles-of-beer.net/

                  > Terje

                  Do you know where to find the word-list for the Shakespeare language on
                  this site?

                • cmhardw
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 7 12:42 AM
                    Hey everyone,

                    Wow I didn't expect a response quite as big as this. Just wanted to
                    send a big thank you to all those who wrote a program, I really
                    appreciate it a lot.

                    Also, do you all mind if I link to each of your programs, or Ryan in
                    your case create a page on my site with due credit to you for using
                    the code? I'd like to include these practice tools on the section of
                    my page that talks about memorizing and blindfolded cubing.

                    Thanks again!
                    Chris
                  • zorin_r
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 7 1:31 AM
                      Do what you will whit my program. I´m just happy because someone maby
                      is going to use a program i have written :)

                      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, cmhardw <no_reply@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Hey everyone,
                      >
                      > Wow I didn't expect a response quite as big as this. Just wanted to
                      > send a big thank you to all those who wrote a program, I really
                      > appreciate it a lot.
                      >
                      > Also, do you all mind if I link to each of your programs, or Ryan in
                      > your case create a page on my site with due credit to you for using
                      > the code? I'd like to include these practice tools on the section of
                      > my page that talks about memorizing and blindfolded cubing.
                      >
                      > Thanks again!
                      > Chris

                    • teemu_tiinanen
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 7 6:06 AM
                        wrote:

                        > Hey everyone,
                        >
                        > Wow I didn't expect a response quite as big as this. Just wanted to
                        > send a big thank you to all those who wrote a program, I really
                        > appreciate it a lot.
                        >
                        > Also, do you all mind if I link to each of your programs, or Ryan in
                        > your case create a page on my site with due credit to you for using
                        > the code? I'd like to include these practice tools on the section of
                        > my page that talks about memorizing and blindfolded cubing.
                        >
                        > Thanks again!
                        > Chris

                        You can use my script freely. I can give you the source code so that
                        you can put it on your server if you want (and possibly modify it).
                      • Ryan Heise
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 7 8:58 AM
                          On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 07:42:32AM -0000, cmhardw wrote:
                          > Also, do you all mind if I link to each of your programs, or Ryan in
                          > your case create a page on my site with due credit to you for using
                          > the code? I'd like to include these practice tools on the section of
                          > my page that talks about memorizing and blindfolded cubing.

                          Feel free to use it for any purpose.

                          --
                          Ryan Heise
                          http://www.ryanheise.com/cube/