Travelling to US Nationals? Where are you staying?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hey everyone,

      As I start making final arrangements for the trip to ol San Fran, I
      begin to wonder where the majority of travellers are staying, so that
      we may be able to lodge in the hotel most populated by cubers. If you
      all wouldn't mind, would you please reply with where you are staying?
      I am sure alot of other cube freaks may be interested as well.

      Thanks!

      Frank
    • Craig Bouchard
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
        As I have told many, we are staying at an Inn about half a mile away
        from the Exploratorium. My parents believe it is called:

        "Coventry Motor Inn" but don't take my word for it :) It is probably
        fairly cheap, cuz we are staying there :) And we are trying to cut
        costs as much as possible...It is a 1.2 mile walk...

        Craig

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <ephem825@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey everyone,
        >
        > As I start making final arrangements for the trip to ol San Fran, I
        > begin to wonder where the majority of travellers are staying, so that
        > we may be able to lodge in the hotel most populated by cubers. If you
        > all wouldn't mind, would you please reply with where you are staying?
        > I am sure alot of other cube freaks may be interested as well.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Frank

      • kyuubree
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
          To all that have done it, how much are total expenses (food, airfare,
          etc)? When does this event take place?

          Marcus Stuhr
          University of Pennsylvania
          Wharton & CAS '09

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
          <logitewty@...> wrote:

          > As I have told many, we are staying at an Inn about half a mile away
          > from the Exploratorium. My parents believe it is called:
          >
          > "Coventry Motor Inn" but don't take my word for it :) It is probably
          > fairly cheap, cuz we are staying there :) And we are trying to cut
          > costs as much as possible...It is a 1.2 mile walk...
          >
          > Craig
          >
          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <ephem825@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey everyone,
          > >
          > > As I start making final arrangements for the trip to ol San Fran,
          > > begin to wonder where the majority of travellers are staying, so
          that
          > > we may be able to lodge in the hotel most populated by cubers.
          If you
          > > all wouldn't mind, would you please reply with where you are
          staying?
          > > I am sure alot of other cube freaks may be interested as well.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Frank

        • Clancy Cochran
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
            well for me it entails 20 long miles of travel and at least 1 entire gallon of gas

            <logitewty@. ..> wrote:

            > As I have told many, we are staying at an Inn about half a mile away
            > from the Exploratorium. My parents believe it is called:
            >
            > "Coventry Motor Inn" but don't take my word for it :) It is probably
            > fairly cheap, cuz we are staying there :) And we are trying to cut
            > costs as much as possible...It is a 1.2 mile walk...
            >
            > Craig
            >
            > --- In speedsolvingrubiksc ube@yahoogroups. com, "Frank" <ephem825@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey everyone,
            > >
            > > As I start making final arrangements for the trip to ol San Fran,
            > > begin to wonder where the majority of travellers are staying, so
            that
            > > we may be able to lodge in the hotel most populated by cubers.
            If you
            > > all wouldn't mind, would you please reply with where you are
            staying?
            > > I am sure alot of other cube freaks may be interested as well.
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > >
            > > Frank

          • d_funny007
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
              Good for you CA ppl, but for some of us it entails crossing the
              country. Wonder who else will be comming from this side of the country
              besides Chris, Bob, and me.

              Anyhow, I have yet to buy tickets. It's getting close, any word on
              where everybody is staying? Also what are arrival times/dates and
              departure times/dates for other people?

              I rarely travel to CA, so I kinda want to spend two full weeks there.
              Any comments or suggesutions? Especially that from locals would be
              appriciated. Like, is it feasible to rent a car over there? (I
              typically try to when I'm on other trips.)

              How will we get around? Will there be people with cars there? Or
              should we just plan on spending a lot on cab fare?

              -Doug

              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Clancy Cochran
              <perscription_death@...> wrote:

              > well for me it entails 20 long miles of travel and at least 1 entire
              gallon of gas

            • Lars Petrus
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
                On Jul 1, 2006, at 20:18, d_funny007 wrote:

                > How will we get around? Will there be people with cars there? Or
                > should we just plan on spending a lot on cab fare?

                San Francisco is a surprisingly small city with pretty good public
                transport.

                If you'll spend 2 weeks doing California, you'll want to rent a car,
                but in The City it's mostly a pain having a car.

                - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
                Teach him to fish and you've sacrificed your leverage.

                Lars Petrus - lars@... http://lar5.com
              • Craig Bouchard
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
                  We arrive on the 3rd, leave on the 9th, we're renting a car and
                  travelling a bit too. See my other post about the hotel...

                  Craig

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, d_funny007
                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > Good for you CA ppl, but for some of us it entails crossing the
                  > country. Wonder who else will be comming from this side of the country
                  > besides Chris, Bob, and me.
                  >
                  > Anyhow, I have yet to buy tickets. It's getting close, any word on
                  > where everybody is staying? Also what are arrival times/dates and
                  > departure times/dates for other people?
                  >
                  > I rarely travel to CA, so I kinda want to spend two full weeks there.
                  > Any comments or suggesutions? Especially that from locals would be
                  > appriciated. Like, is it feasible to rent a car over there? (I
                  > typically try to when I'm on other trips.)
                  >
                  > How will we get around? Will there be people with cars there? Or
                  > should we just plan on spending a lot on cab fare?
                  >

                  > -Doug
                  >

                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Clancy Cochran
                  > <perscription_death@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > well for me it entails 20 long miles of travel and at least 1 entire
                  > gallon of gas

                • kyuubree
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
                    But how expensive is it? I would be traveling alone on my own money
                    and so I'm curious as to how much it actually costs to really stay
                    there for a while.

                    <logitewty@...> wrote:

                    > We arrive on the 3rd, leave on the 9th, we're renting a car and
                    > travelling a bit too. See my other post about the hotel...
                    >
                    > Craig
                    >
                    > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, d_funny007
                    > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Good for you CA ppl, but for some of us it entails crossing the
                    > > country. Wonder who else will be comming from this side of the
                    country
                    > > besides Chris, Bob, and me.
                    > >
                    > > Anyhow, I have yet to buy tickets. It's getting close, any word
                    on
                    > > where everybody is staying? Also what are arrival times/dates and
                    > > departure times/dates for other people?
                    > >
                    > > I rarely travel to CA, so I kinda want to spend two full weeks
                    there.
                    > > Any comments or suggesutions? Especially that from locals would
                    be
                    > > appriciated. Like, is it feasible to rent a car over there? (I
                    > > typically try to when I'm on other trips.)
                    > >
                    > > How will we get around? Will there be people with cars there? Or
                    > > should we just plan on spending a lot on cab fare?
                    > >

                    > > -Doug
                    > >

                    > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Clancy Cochran
                    > > <perscription_death@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > well for me it entails 20 long miles of travel and at least 1
                    entire
                    > > gallon of gas

                  • Craig Bouchard
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 2, 2006
                      You can check out the website:

                      www.coventrymotorinn.com There is a link on the left called "Sister
                      Properties" and they are all close to that general area as well.
                      There are prices and everything on there. I think the cheapest is $79
                      per night.

                      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, kyuubree <no_reply@...>