Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Magic Balls

  • Gilles van den Peereboom
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 2, 2006
      Thank you very much :-)
      But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first flips.
      As you can see here :
      http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv

      Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle ? :p

      Thanx :p
      Gilles.be :-)

      Bob Burton a écrit :
      > I made three videos and all require divX:
      >
      > Slow (15s): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
      > Fast (7.49): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
      > Faster (6.93): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi
      >
      > Unfortunately, I replaced too many strings for my puzzle to cooperate
      > anymore :(
      >
      > Enjoy.
      >
      > ~ Bob
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
      >>
      >> ~ Bob
      >>
      >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"
      >> <gillesvdp@> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hello there,
      >>>
      >>> I finally made a MagicBalls puzzle.
      >>> I wanted to solve it on my own before learning a few tricks on this
      >>> puzzle.
      >>> I made this video :
      >>>
      >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv
      >>
      >>> As you can see, my method is a bit "rough" :D
      >>>
      >>> (59.07 is an average time for me, I already had a 35.67 solve but it
      >>> was "lucky" (how can you have a lucky case on the magicballs ? :D)
      >>> because during my first flips some others were made unwillingly in the
      >>> right way so I just had to unfold everything correctly :p
      >>>
      >>> Any tips for this puzzle ?
      >>>
      >>> Thank you :-)
      >>> Gilles.
      >>>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Bob Burton
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
        You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings follow
        a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the same as
        a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
        flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not sure
        whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.

        ~ Bob

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
        Peereboom <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

        > Thank you very much :-)
        > But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first
        flips.
        > As you can see here :
        > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv
        >
        > Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle
        ? :p

        > Thanx :p
        > Gilles.be :-)
        >
        > Bob Burton a écrit :
        > > I made three videos and all require divX:
        > >
        > > Slow (15s): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
        > > Fast (7.49): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
        > > Faster (6.93): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi
        > >
        > > Unfortunately, I replaced too many strings for my puzzle to cooperate
        > > anymore :(
        > >
        > > Enjoy.
        > >
        > > ~ Bob
        > >
        > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > >> Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
        > >>
        > >> ~ Bob
        > >>
        > >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"

        > >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Gilles van den Peereboom
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
          When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
          before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are well
          connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
          magicballs puzzle.
          Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a competition,
          will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe there is
          another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire puzz:le :p)
          I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.

          Gilles.

        • Craig Bouchard
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
            Hi Gilles,

            I think I am the best to answer your question, as I restrung the full
            thing 2-3 times, half 3-4 times, and just a few pieces 1-2 times...You
            have the strings on backwards, happened to me my first try. I was
            quite bothered, and I still have to fix my puzzle again, as one of the
            inserts got twisted 90 degrees on one side...So...yah...I've gotten a
            lot better at restringing now tho :):)

            Craig

            Peereboom <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

            > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
            > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
            well
            > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
            > magicballs puzzle.
            > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a competition,
            > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe there is
            > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
            puzz:le :p)
            > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
            >
            > Gilles.
            >
            > Bob Burton a écrit :
            > > You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings follow
            > > a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the same as
            > > a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
            > > flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not sure
            > > whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.
            > >
            > > ~ Bob
            > >
            > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
            > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
            > >
            > >> Thank you very much :-)
            > >> But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first
            > >>
            > > flips.
            > >
            > >> As you can see here :
            > >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv
            > >>
            > >> Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle
            > >>
            > > ? :p
            > >
            > >> Thanx :p
            > >> Gilles.be :-)

            http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi

            > > in the

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Bob Burton
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
              Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
              competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.

              Peereboom <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

              > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
              > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
              well
              > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
              > magicballs puzzle.
              > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a competition,
              > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe there is
              > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
              puzz:le :p)
              > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
              >
              > Gilles.
              >
              > Bob Burton a écrit :
              > > You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings follow
              > > a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the same as
              > > a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
              > > flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not sure
              > > whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.
              > >
              > > ~ Bob
              > >
              > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
              > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Thank you very much :-)
              > >> But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first
              > >>
              > > flips.
              > >
              > >> As you can see here :
              > >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv
              > >>
              > >> Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle
              > >>
              > > ? :p
              > >
              > >> Thanx :p
              > >> Gilles.be :-)

              http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi

              > > in the

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Craig Bouchard
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                know whats going on in my mind :p

                Craig

                wrote:

                > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                >
                > ~ Bob
                >
                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                > >
                > > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                > > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                > well
                > > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                > > magicballs puzzle.
                > > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a
                competition,
                > > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe
                there is
                > > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                > puzz:le :p)
                > > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                > >
                > > Gilles.
                > >
                > > Bob Burton a écrit :
                > > > You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings
                follow
                > > > a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the
                same as
                > > > a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
                > > > flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not
                sure
                > > > whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.
                > > >
                > > > ~ Bob
                > > >
                > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den

                > > > flips.

                > > > ? :p

                > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                > cooperate

                > this

                > but it
                > > >>>>>
                > > > in the

                > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Gilles van den Peereboom
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                  so basically I just need to unstring everything and make sure the strings
                  are on the opposite side whan I string it again ?

                  Thx :-)
                  Gilles.

                  2006/6/3, Craig Bouchard <logitewty@...>:

                  > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                  > know whats going on in my mind :p
                  >
                  > Craig
                  >
                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                  > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                  > >
                  > > ~ Bob
                  > >
                  > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                  > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                  > > > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                  > > well
                  > > > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                  > > > magicballs puzzle.
                  > > > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a
                  > competition,
                  > > > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe
                  > there is
                  > > > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                  > > puzz:le :p)
                  > > > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                  > > >
                  > > > Gilles.

                  > follow
                  > same as
                  > sure

                  > first

                  > puzzle

                  > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                  > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                  > > cooperate

                  > > this

                  > > but it
                  > ? :D)

                • Bob Burton
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                    I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P

                    ~ Bob

                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                    <logitewty@...> wrote:

                    > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                    > know whats going on in my mind :p
                    >
                    > Craig
                    >
                    > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                    > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                    > >
                    > > ~ Bob
                    > >
                    > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                    > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                    > > > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                    > > well
                    > > > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                    > > > magicballs puzzle.
                    > > > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a
                    > competition,
                    > > > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe
                    > there is
                    > > > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                    > > puzz:le :p)
                    > > > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                    > > >
                    > > > Gilles.

                    > follow
                    > same as
                    > sure

                    > first

                    > puzzle

                    > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                    http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                    > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                    > > cooperate

                    > > this

                    > > but it
                    > ? :D)

                  • Gilles van den Peereboom
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                      OK I will try to find time to do that one soon.
                      Basically I will start with one of the sides and make sure I can do the
                      first flip. If not, i start agan. If I can do it, then it's OK :-)

                      I will keep you updated :-)
                      Thx,
                      Gilles.

                      2006/6/3, Bob Burton <bob@...>:

                      > I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P
                      >
                      > ~ Bob
                      >
                      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                      > <logitewty@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                      > > know whats going on in my mind :p
                      > >
                      > > Craig
                      > >
                      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                      > > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                      > > >
                      > > > ~ Bob
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den

                      > > > well
                      > > competition,
                      > > there is
                      > > > puzz:le :p)

                      > > follow
                      > > same as
                      > > sure

                      > > first

                      > > puzzle

                      > > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                      > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                      > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                      > > > cooperate

                      > <bob@>

                      > > > this

                      > > > but it
                      > > ? :D)
                      > unwillingly

                    • Craig Bouchard
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                        We are talking about 2 different things :P Not really, but u know...

                        Craig

                        wrote:

                        > I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P
                        >
                        > ~ Bob
                        >
                        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                        > <logitewty@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                        > > know whats going on in my mind :p
                        > >
                        > > Craig
                        > >
                        > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                        > > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in
                        forever.

                        > > > ~ Bob
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den

                        > > > well
                        > > competition,
                        > > there is
                        > > > puzz:le :p)

                        > > follow
                        > > same as
                        > > sure

                        > > first

                        > > puzzle

                        > > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                        > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                        > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                        > > > cooperate

                        > <bob@>

                        > > > this

                        > > > but it
                        > > ? :D)
                        > unwillingly

                      • Craig Bouchard
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                          Hahaha, that's exactly what I thought. When I did those first 4 tiles
                          I went to make it right...and then bam...it didn't like me, then one
                          time I used my brain and flipped it under instead of over, and it
                          worked...I was ready to kill myself...

                          Craig

                          Peereboom" <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

                          > OK I will try to find time to do that one soon.
                          > Basically I will start with one of the sides and make sure I can do the
                          > first flip. If not, i start agan. If I can do it, then it's OK :-)
                          >
                          > I will keep you updated :-)
                          > Thx,
                          > Gilles.
                          >
                          > 2006/6/3, Bob Burton <bob@...>:
                          > >
                          > > I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P
                          > >
                          > > ~ Bob
                          > >
                          > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                          > > <logitewty@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                          > > > know whats going on in my mind :p
                          > > >
                          > > > Craig
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>

                          > > > competition,
                          > > > there is

                          > > > follow
                          > > > same as
                          I'm not
                          > > > sure

                          > > > first

                          > > > puzzle

                          > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                          > > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                          > > <bob@>

                          > > > ? :D)
                          > > unwillingly

                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Tim Reynolds
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                            Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                            By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                            since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.

                            I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a huge
                            rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                            the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                            videos will be a tremendous help.

                            Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                            completely incoherent.

                            Tim

                            <logitewty@...> wrote:

                            > Weird, you're the 3rd person I know thats made one in the last
                            little
                            > bit...
                            >
                            > Me, Tim Reynolds and you...Last I heard Tim was averaging around 10
                            > (like 2-3 days after making it) and today, the 2-3 day after
                            making it
                            > I got 7.96 single and 9.03 average...I use Bob's way...or
                            Alexander's
                            > hehe...its alexanders :p
                            >
                            > Craig
                            >
                            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
                            > >
                            > > ~ Bob
                            > >
                            > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"
                            > > <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Hello there,
                            > > >
                            > > > I finally made a MagicBalls puzzle.
                            > > > I wanted to solve it on my own before learning a few tricks on
                            this
                            > > > puzzle.
                            > > > I made this video :
                            > > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv
                            > > >
                            > > > As you can see, my method is a bit "rough" :D
                            > > >
                            > > > (59.07 is an average time for me, I already had a 35.67 solve
                            but it
                            > > > was "lucky" (how can you have a lucky case on the
                            magicballs ? :D)
                            > > > because during my first flips some others were made
                            unwillingly in the
                            > > > right way so I just had to unfold everything correctly :p
                            > > >
                            > > > Any tips for this puzzle ?
                            > > >
                            > > > Thank you :-)
                            > > > Gilles.

                          • Craig Bouchard
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                              Hey Camel Face (lol)

                              I did a 7.70 :) and I've done 7.96, only 2 sub-8s...hehehe...

                              Bye *TIMOTHY* (haha Bob)

                              Craig

                              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Reynolds"
                              <timothy.reynolds2@...> wrote:

                              > Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                              > By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                              > since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.
                              >
                              > I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a huge
                              > rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                              > the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                              > videos will be a tremendous help.
                              >
                              > Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                              > completely incoherent.
                              >
                              > Tim
                              >
                              > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                              > <logitewty@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Weird, you're the 3rd person I know thats made one in the last
                              > little
                              > > bit...
                              > >
                              > > Me, Tim Reynolds and you...Last I heard Tim was averaging around 10
                              > > (like 2-3 days after making it) and today, the 2-3 day after
                              > making it
                              > > I got 7.96 single and 9.03 average...I use Bob's way...or
                              > Alexander's
                              > > hehe...its alexanders :p
                              > >
                              > > Craig
                              > >
                              > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                              > > wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
                              > > >
                              > > > ~ Bob
                              > > >
                              > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"

                              > this
                              > > > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv

                              > but it
                              > magicballs ? :D)
                              > unwillingly in the

                            • Bob Burton
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                                Hrmmm...I'm still waiting for Jim to bring up his cube so I can
                                scramble it.

                                <logitewty@...> wrote:

                                > Hey Camel Face (lol)
                                >
                                > I did a 7.70 :) and I've done 7.96, only 2 sub-8s...hehehe...
                                >
                                > Bye *TIMOTHY* (haha Bob)
                                >
                                > Craig
                                >
                                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Reynolds"
                                > <timothy.reynolds2@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                                > > By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                                > > since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.
                                > >
                                > > I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a huge
                                > > rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                                > > the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                                > > videos will be a tremendous help.
                                > >
                                > > Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                                > > completely incoherent.
                                > >
                                > > Tim
                                > >
                                > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                                > > <logitewty@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Weird, you're the 3rd person I know thats made one in the last
                                > > little
                                > > > bit...
                                > > >
                                > > > Me, Tim Reynolds and you...Last I heard Tim was averaging around 10
                                > > > (like 2-3 days after making it) and today, the 2-3 day after
                                > > making it
                                > > > I got 7.96 single and 9.03 average...I use Bob's way...or
                                > > Alexander's
                                > > > hehe...its alexanders :p
                                > > >
                                > > > Craig
                                > > >
                                > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>

                                > > this

                                > > but it
                                > > magicballs ? :D)
                                > > unwillingly in the

                              • thomkirjava
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jun 7, 2006
                                  Hey guys, you all inspired me to get down to it and make a magic
                                  balls. It's my first magic i've strung, and it's was tedious :)

                                  Here are some pics: http://www.snkenjoi.com/balls

                                  wrote:

                                  > Hrmmm...I'm still waiting for Jim to bring up his cube so I can
                                  > scramble it.
                                  >
                                  > ~ Bob
                                  >
                                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                                  > <logitewty@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hey Camel Face (lol)
                                  > >
                                  > > I did a 7.70 :) and I've done 7.96, only 2 sub-8s...hehehe...
                                  > >
                                  > > Bye *TIMOTHY* (haha Bob)
                                  > >
                                  > > Craig
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Reynolds"
                                  > > <timothy.reynolds2@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                                  > > > By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                                  > > > since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a
                                  huge
                                  > > > rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                                  > > > the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                                  > > > videos will be a tremendous help.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                                  > > > completely incoherent.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Tim
                                  > > >
                                  > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"

                                  > > > little

                                  > > > making it
                                  > > > Alexander's

                                  > > > this

                                  > > > but it
                                  > > > magicballs ? :D)
                                  > > > unwillingly in the

                                • Timothy Sun
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Oct 7, 2006
                                    So I want to make a super magic, but want to do so with the rings. Is
                                    it possible to combine the designs of two normal magics into a super
                                    magic such that when solved they're all linked? Also are there any
                                    faster methods than Jaap's?

                                    -Tim