Re: Magic Balls

  • Bob Burton
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 2, 2006
      I made three videos and all require divX:

      Slow (15s): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
      Fast (7.49): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
      Faster (6.93): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

      Unfortunately, I replaced too many strings for my puzzle to cooperate
      anymore :(

      Enjoy.

      ~ Bob

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@...>
      wrote:

      > Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
      >
      > ~ Bob
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"
      > <gillesvdp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello there,
      > >
      > > I finally made a MagicBalls puzzle.
      > > I wanted to solve it on my own before learning a few tricks on this
      > > puzzle.
      > > I made this video :
      > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv
      > >
      > > As you can see, my method is a bit "rough" :D
      > >
      > > (59.07 is an average time for me, I already had a 35.67 solve but it
      > > was "lucky" (how can you have a lucky case on the magicballs ? :D)
      > > because during my first flips some others were made unwillingly in the
      > > right way so I just had to unfold everything correctly :p
      > >
      > > Any tips for this puzzle ?
      > >
      > > Thank you :-)
      > > Gilles.

    • Gilles van den Peereboom
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 2, 2006
        Thank you very much :-)
        But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first flips.
        As you can see here :
        http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv

        Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle ? :p

        Thanx :p
        Gilles.be :-)

        Bob Burton a écrit :
        > I made three videos and all require divX:
        >
        > Slow (15s): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
        > Fast (7.49): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
        > Faster (6.93): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi
        >
        > Unfortunately, I replaced too many strings for my puzzle to cooperate
        > anymore :(
        >
        > Enjoy.
        >
        > ~ Bob
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
        >>
        >> ~ Bob
        >>
        >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"
        >> <gillesvdp@> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hello there,
        >>>
        >>> I finally made a MagicBalls puzzle.
        >>> I wanted to solve it on my own before learning a few tricks on this
        >>> puzzle.
        >>> I made this video :
        >>>
        >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv
        >>
        >>> As you can see, my method is a bit "rough" :D
        >>>
        >>> (59.07 is an average time for me, I already had a 35.67 solve but it
        >>> was "lucky" (how can you have a lucky case on the magicballs ? :D)
        >>> because during my first flips some others were made unwillingly in the
        >>> right way so I just had to unfold everything correctly :p
        >>>
        >>> Any tips for this puzzle ?
        >>>
        >>> Thank you :-)
        >>> Gilles.
        >>>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bob Burton
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
          You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings follow
          a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the same as
          a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
          flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not sure
          whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.

          ~ Bob

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
          Peereboom <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

          > Thank you very much :-)
          > But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first
          flips.
          > As you can see here :
          > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv
          >
          > Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle
          ? :p

          > Thanx :p
          > Gilles.be :-)
          >
          > Bob Burton a écrit :
          > > I made three videos and all require divX:
          > >
          > > Slow (15s): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
          > > Fast (7.49): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
          > > Faster (6.93): http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi
          > >
          > > Unfortunately, I replaced too many strings for my puzzle to cooperate
          > > anymore :(
          > >
          > > Enjoy.
          > >
          > > ~ Bob
          > >
          > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
          > > wrote:
          > >
          > >> Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
          > >>
          > >> ~ Bob
          > >>
          > >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"

          > >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Gilles van den Peereboom
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
            When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
            before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are well
            connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
            magicballs puzzle.
            Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a competition,
            will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe there is
            another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire puzz:le :p)
            I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.

            Gilles.

          • Craig Bouchard
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
              Hi Gilles,

              I think I am the best to answer your question, as I restrung the full
              thing 2-3 times, half 3-4 times, and just a few pieces 1-2 times...You
              have the strings on backwards, happened to me my first try. I was
              quite bothered, and I still have to fix my puzzle again, as one of the
              inserts got twisted 90 degrees on one side...So...yah...I've gotten a
              lot better at restringing now tho :):)

              Craig

              Peereboom <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

              > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
              > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
              well
              > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
              > magicballs puzzle.
              > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a competition,
              > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe there is
              > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
              puzz:le :p)
              > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
              >
              > Gilles.
              >
              > Bob Burton a écrit :
              > > You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings follow
              > > a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the same as
              > > a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
              > > flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not sure
              > > whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.
              > >
              > > ~ Bob
              > >
              > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
              > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Thank you very much :-)
              > >> But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first
              > >>
              > > flips.
              > >
              > >> As you can see here :
              > >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv
              > >>
              > >> Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle
              > >>
              > > ? :p
              > >
              > >> Thanx :p
              > >> Gilles.be :-)

              http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi

              > > in the

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Bob Burton
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.

                Peereboom <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

                > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                well
                > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                > magicballs puzzle.
                > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a competition,
                > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe there is
                > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                puzz:le :p)
                > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                >
                > Gilles.
                >
                > Bob Burton a écrit :
                > > You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings follow
                > > a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the same as
                > > a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
                > > flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not sure
                > > whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.
                > >
                > > ~ Bob
                > >
                > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                > >
                > >> Thank you very much :-)
                > >> But there is a very little problem : I cannot perform the very first
                > >>
                > > flips.
                > >
                > >> As you can see here :
                > >> http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-Problem.wmv
                > >>
                > >> Do I have problems with my eyes or is there a problem with my puzzle
                > >>
                > > ? :p
                > >
                > >> Thanx :p
                > >> Gilles.be :-)

                http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi

                > > in the

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Craig Bouchard
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                  Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                  know whats going on in my mind :p

                  Craig

                  wrote:

                  > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                  > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                  >
                  > ~ Bob
                  >
                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                  > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                  > > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                  > well
                  > > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                  > > magicballs puzzle.
                  > > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a
                  competition,
                  > > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe
                  there is
                  > > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                  > puzz:le :p)
                  > > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                  > >
                  > > Gilles.
                  > >
                  > > Bob Burton a écrit :
                  > > > You've strung your puzzle differently, I think. Do the strings
                  follow
                  > > > a pattern in the opposite direction as the Magic (and thus the
                  same as
                  > > > a Master Magic)? I THINK (though I could be wrong) that if you
                  > > > flipped your puzzle over, you could apply the solution. I'm not
                  sure
                  > > > whether or not it would solve the puzzle, though.
                  > > >
                  > > > ~ Bob
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den

                  > > > flips.

                  > > > ? :p

                  > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                  http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                  > cooperate

                  > this

                  > but it
                  > > >>>>>
                  > > > in the

                  > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Gilles van den Peereboom
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                    so basically I just need to unstring everything and make sure the strings
                    are on the opposite side whan I string it again ?

                    Thx :-)
                    Gilles.

                    2006/6/3, Craig Bouchard <logitewty@...>:

                    > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                    > know whats going on in my mind :p
                    >
                    > Craig
                    >
                    > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                    > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                    > >
                    > > ~ Bob
                    > >
                    > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                    > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                    > > > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                    > > well
                    > > > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                    > > > magicballs puzzle.
                    > > > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a
                    > competition,
                    > > > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe
                    > there is
                    > > > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                    > > puzz:le :p)
                    > > > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                    > > >
                    > > > Gilles.

                    > follow
                    > same as
                    > sure

                    > first

                    > puzzle

                    > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                    > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                    > > cooperate

                    > > this

                    > > but it
                    > ? :D)

                  • Bob Burton
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                      I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P

                      ~ Bob

                      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                      <logitewty@...> wrote:

                      > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                      > know whats going on in my mind :p
                      >
                      > Craig
                      >
                      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                      > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                      > >
                      > > ~ Bob
                      > >
                      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den
                      > > Peereboom <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > When I perform the solution on the other side, at some point (just
                      > > > before the final transformations), there are lots of tiles that are
                      > > well
                      > > > connected. I think I need to adapt the 3 last steps to my special
                      > > > magicballs puzzle.
                      > > > Just a question : if there is ever a MagicBalls event in a
                      > competition,
                      > > > will I be able to compete with mine ? (I suppose no but maybe
                      > there is
                      > > > another answer that could prevent me from restringing the entire
                      > > puzz:le :p)
                      > > > I will tell you if I find anything for the final steps.
                      > > >
                      > > > Gilles.

                      > follow
                      > same as
                      > sure

                      > first

                      > puzzle

                      > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                      http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                      > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                      > > cooperate

                      > > this

                      > > but it
                      > ? :D)

                    • Gilles van den Peereboom
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                        OK I will try to find time to do that one soon.
                        Basically I will start with one of the sides and make sure I can do the
                        first flip. If not, i start agan. If I can do it, then it's OK :-)

                        I will keep you updated :-)
                        Thx,
                        Gilles.

                        2006/6/3, Bob Burton <bob@...>:

                        > I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P
                        >
                        > ~ Bob
                        >
                        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                        > <logitewty@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                        > > know whats going on in my mind :p
                        > >
                        > > Craig
                        > >
                        > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                        > > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in forever.
                        > > >
                        > > > ~ Bob
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den

                        > > > well
                        > > competition,
                        > > there is
                        > > > puzz:le :p)

                        > > follow
                        > > same as
                        > > sure

                        > > first

                        > > puzzle

                        > > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                        > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                        > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                        > > > cooperate

                        > <bob@>

                        > > > this

                        > > > but it
                        > > ? :D)
                        > unwillingly

                      • Craig Bouchard
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                          We are talking about 2 different things :P Not really, but u know...

                          Craig

                          wrote:

                          > I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P
                          >
                          > ~ Bob
                          >
                          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                          > <logitewty@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                          > > know whats going on in my mind :p
                          > >
                          > > Craig
                          > >
                          > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Don't worry. There is no way the puzzle will ever be in a
                          > > > competition. It is too rare and hasn't been in production in
                          forever.

                          > > > ~ Bob
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den

                          > > > well
                          > > competition,
                          > > there is
                          > > > puzz:le :p)

                          > > follow
                          > > same as
                          > > sure

                          > > first

                          > > puzzle

                          > > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballssolution.avi
                          > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                          > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                          > > > cooperate

                          > <bob@>

                          > > > this

                          > > > but it
                          > > ? :D)
                          > unwillingly

                        • Craig Bouchard
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                            Hahaha, that's exactly what I thought. When I did those first 4 tiles
                            I went to make it right...and then bam...it didn't like me, then one
                            time I used my brain and flipped it under instead of over, and it
                            worked...I was ready to kill myself...

                            Craig

                            Peereboom" <gillesvdp@...> wrote:

                            > OK I will try to find time to do that one soon.
                            > Basically I will start with one of the sides and make sure I can do the
                            > first flip. If not, i start agan. If I can do it, then it's OK :-)
                            >
                            > I will keep you updated :-)
                            > Thx,
                            > Gilles.
                            >
                            > 2006/6/3, Bob Burton <bob@...>:
                            > >
                            > > I've inquired about it and that is what I was told. :P
                            > >
                            > > ~ Bob
                            > >
                            > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                            > > <logitewty@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Oh Bob, thats where you are wrong my friend :D Message me if u wanna
                            > > > know whats going on in my mind :p
                            > > >
                            > > > Craig
                            > > >
                            > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>

                            > > > competition,
                            > > > there is

                            > > > follow
                            > > > same as
                            I'm not
                            > > > sure

                            > > > first

                            > > > puzzle

                            > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs749.avi
                            > > > http://www.cubewhiz.com/temp/burtonmagicballs693.avi

                            > > <bob@>

                            > > > ? :D)
                            > > unwillingly

                            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Tim Reynolds
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                              Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                              By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                              since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.

                              I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a huge
                              rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                              the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                              videos will be a tremendous help.

                              Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                              completely incoherent.

                              Tim

                              <logitewty@...> wrote:

                              > Weird, you're the 3rd person I know thats made one in the last
                              little
                              > bit...
                              >
                              > Me, Tim Reynolds and you...Last I heard Tim was averaging around 10
                              > (like 2-3 days after making it) and today, the 2-3 day after
                              making it
                              > I got 7.96 single and 9.03 average...I use Bob's way...or
                              Alexander's
                              > hehe...its alexanders :p
                              >
                              > Craig
                              >
                              > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
                              > >
                              > > ~ Bob
                              > >
                              > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"
                              > > <gillesvdp@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Hello there,
                              > > >
                              > > > I finally made a MagicBalls puzzle.
                              > > > I wanted to solve it on my own before learning a few tricks on
                              this
                              > > > puzzle.
                              > > > I made this video :
                              > > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv
                              > > >
                              > > > As you can see, my method is a bit "rough" :D
                              > > >
                              > > > (59.07 is an average time for me, I already had a 35.67 solve
                              but it
                              > > > was "lucky" (how can you have a lucky case on the
                              magicballs ? :D)
                              > > > because during my first flips some others were made
                              unwillingly in the
                              > > > right way so I just had to unfold everything correctly :p
                              > > >
                              > > > Any tips for this puzzle ?
                              > > >
                              > > > Thank you :-)
                              > > > Gilles.

                            • Craig Bouchard
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                                Hey Camel Face (lol)

                                I did a 7.70 :) and I've done 7.96, only 2 sub-8s...hehehe...

                                Bye *TIMOTHY* (haha Bob)

                                Craig

                                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Reynolds"
                                <timothy.reynolds2@...> wrote:

                                > Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                                > By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                                > since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.
                                >
                                > I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a huge
                                > rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                                > the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                                > videos will be a tremendous help.
                                >
                                > Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                                > completely incoherent.
                                >
                                > Tim
                                >
                                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                                > <logitewty@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Weird, you're the 3rd person I know thats made one in the last
                                > little
                                > > bit...
                                > >
                                > > Me, Tim Reynolds and you...Last I heard Tim was averaging around 10
                                > > (like 2-3 days after making it) and today, the 2-3 day after
                                > making it
                                > > I got 7.96 single and 9.03 average...I use Bob's way...or
                                > Alexander's
                                > > hehe...its alexanders :p
                                > >
                                > > Craig
                                > >
                                > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>
                                > > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Rough indeed. I'll make a slow video. :)
                                > > >
                                > > > ~ Bob
                                > > >
                                > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "gillesvdp"

                                > this
                                > > > http://www.belgiancubes.be/videos/MagicBalls-59.07.wmv

                                > but it
                                > magicballs ? :D)
                                > unwillingly in the

                              • Bob Burton
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                                  Hrmmm...I'm still waiting for Jim to bring up his cube so I can
                                  scramble it.

                                  <logitewty@...> wrote:

                                  > Hey Camel Face (lol)
                                  >
                                  > I did a 7.70 :) and I've done 7.96, only 2 sub-8s...hehehe...
                                  >
                                  > Bye *TIMOTHY* (haha Bob)
                                  >
                                  > Craig
                                  >
                                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Reynolds"
                                  > <timothy.reynolds2@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                                  > > By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                                  > > since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.
                                  > >
                                  > > I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a huge
                                  > > rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                                  > > the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                                  > > videos will be a tremendous help.
                                  > >
                                  > > Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                                  > > completely incoherent.
                                  > >
                                  > > Tim
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                                  > > <logitewty@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Weird, you're the 3rd person I know thats made one in the last
                                  > > little
                                  > > > bit...
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Me, Tim Reynolds and you...Last I heard Tim was averaging around 10
                                  > > > (like 2-3 days after making it) and today, the 2-3 day after
                                  > > making it
                                  > > > I got 7.96 single and 9.03 average...I use Bob's way...or
                                  > > Alexander's
                                  > > > hehe...its alexanders :p
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Craig
                                  > > >
                                  > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@>

                                  > > this

                                  > > but it
                                  > > magicballs ? :D)
                                  > > unwillingly in the

                                • thomkirjava
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jun 7, 2006
                                    Hey guys, you all inspired me to get down to it and make a magic
                                    balls. It's my first magic i've strung, and it's was tedious :)

                                    Here are some pics: http://www.snkenjoi.com/balls

                                    wrote:

                                    > Hrmmm...I'm still waiting for Jim to bring up his cube so I can
                                    > scramble it.
                                    >
                                    > ~ Bob
                                    >
                                    > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"
                                    > <logitewty@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Hey Camel Face (lol)
                                    > >
                                    > > I did a 7.70 :) and I've done 7.96, only 2 sub-8s...hehehe...
                                    > >
                                    > > Bye *TIMOTHY* (haha Bob)
                                    > >
                                    > > Craig
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Reynolds"
                                    > > <timothy.reynolds2@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Wow, more Magic Balls people! cool!
                                    > > > By the way, I got 8.18 the day after making it and haven't improved
                                    > > > since...well, I haven't really been able to practice since.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I definately need to make the transform that changes shape to a
                                    huge
                                    > > > rectangle and back better, but my main point I need to work on is
                                    > > > the end, specifically the transform on the right arm. Bob, your
                                    > > > videos will be a tremendous help.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Well, I'm exhausted from ARML, so I'll shut up before I become
                                    > > > completely incoherent.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Tim
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bouchard"

                                    > > > little

                                    > > > making it
                                    > > > Alexander's

                                    > > > this

                                    > > > but it
                                    > > > magicballs ? :D)
                                    > > > unwillingly in the

                                  • Timothy Sun
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Oct 7, 2006
                                      So I want to make a super magic, but want to do so with the rings. Is
                                      it possible to combine the designs of two normal magics into a super
                                      magic such that when solved they're all linked? Also are there any
                                      faster methods than Jaap's?

                                      -Tim