Re: Interesting Algorithm

  • uweren2000
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thomkirjava"
      <snkenjoi@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure if this deserves it's own post but this amused me;
      >
      > L R2 B2 F2 D' U' L'
      >
      > I'll leave you to guess what it does for a while.
      >
      > ~Thom

      All of you solving 4x4 and cubes of higher order, why not try to find
      corresponding "algs" for those to be used as a standard "prescrambling"?
    • mike_go_uk
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thomkirjava"
        > <snkenjoi@> wrote:
        > > I'll leave you to guess what it does for a while.

        Did Thom ever put us out of our misery? Mine is continuing.

        Mike
      • Pedro
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
          I don't think so...I still didn't find the mean on this alg...

          Pedro

          mike_go_uk <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> escreveu:
          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thomkirjava"
          > <snkenjoi@> wrote:
          > > I'll leave you to guess what it does for a while.

          Did Thom ever put us out of our misery? Mine is continuing.

          Mike

          Jigsaw puzzle game Educational game and puzzle Word puzzle game Kid puzzle game Puzzle games Game puzzle

        • thomkirjava
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, mike_go_uk
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thomkirjava"
            > > <snkenjoi@> wrote:
            > > > I'll leave you to guess what it does for a while.
            >
            > Did Thom ever put us out of our misery? Mine is continuing.
            >
            > Mike

            Sorry, I forgot about that. I think a few people got it pretty much
            right in that there was no more than two of each colour on each side.
            There were no adjacent matching colours, and you could see all six
            colours on each side.

            :)

            ~Thom
          • Rune Wesström
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
              Misery or mystery?
              "I see two points of interest... every face has all 6 colors on it and
              no two adjacent cubie faces are the same color. It is a nice
              algorithm for creating a very "scrambled-looking" cube. I suppose
              this could be used for a speedsolving trick to entertain non-cubers,
              but ultimately I just like it for aesthetic reasons." (Matt M)
              Rune

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                <snkenjoi@...> wrote:
                > Sorry, I forgot about that. I think a few people got it pretty much
                > right in that there was no more than two of each colour on each side.
                > There were no adjacent matching colours, and you could see all six
                > colours on each side.

                Ah, thanks. I saw those responses, but wondered if you were quietly
                chuckling while everyone was barking up the wrong tree. Misery ended. :)

                Mike
              • David Barr
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                  On 6/1/06, thomkirjava <snkenjoi@...> wrote:
                  > Sorry, I forgot about that. I think a few people got it pretty much
                  > right in that there was no more than two of each colour on each side.
                  > There were no adjacent matching colours, and you could see all six
                  > colours on each side.

                  Is that the shortest sequence that creates these conditions?
                • thomkirjava
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "David Barr"
                    <david20708@...> wrote:

                    > On 6/1/06, thomkirjava <snkenjoi@...> wrote:
                    > > Sorry, I forgot about that. I think a few people got it pretty much
                    > > right in that there was no more than two of each colour on each side.
                    > > There were no adjacent matching colours, and you could see all six
                    > > colours on each side.
                    >
                    > Is that the shortest sequence that creates these conditions?

                    I assume so. The nearest I've seen to this is 9 moves.