Re: Canadian Cubers?

  • thewetdog
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 11:45 AM
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Sachin Shirwalkar"
      <sachinss@...> wrote:
      > Anyways, i have a friend whos coming to Canada this summer, in
      may. He
      > will be doing a project at the University of British Columbia in
      > Vancouver. Do we have any cubers in that area?
      > It would be nice to have some acquaintance there.
      >
      > Also since hes a very good friend of mine, im going to tell him to
      get
      > a lot of cubes for me :-) Could anyone tell me any specific places
      > where i could tell him to go and buy the cubes?
      >
      > Please let me know if you have any ideas.
      > Sachin.

      I am not sure if we do have cubers in Vancouver or not. Sorry, I
      think the bulk of us are on the eastern side of the continent. As
      for a place to buy cubes, Toys R Us is always good, if you are going
      for the pre-packaged cube angle. And I know there are some in
      Vancouver (see website for details).

      http://tinyurl.com/fbt9a

      Of course, if he is here long enough, tell him to order some DIY
      kits from rubiks.com since it is easy and cheap to have it shipped
      within the country.

      -Dave Campbell
    • l3a1r0g
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 4:06 PM
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, thewetdog
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Sachin Shirwalkar"
        > <sachinss@> wrote:
        > > Anyways, i have a friend whos coming to Canada this summer, in
        > may. He
        > > will be doing a project at the University of British Columbia in
        > > Vancouver. Do we have any cubers in that area?
        > > It would be nice to have some acquaintance there.
        > >
        > > Also since hes a very good friend of mine, im going to tell him to
        > get
        > > a lot of cubes for me :-) Could anyone tell me any specific places
        > > where i could tell him to go and buy the cubes?
        > >
        > > Please let me know if you have any ideas.
        > > Sachin.
        >

        > I am not sure if we do have cubers in Vancouver or not. Sorry, I
        > think the bulk of us are on the eastern side of the continent. As
        > for a place to buy cubes, Toys R Us is always good, if you are going
        > for the pre-packaged cube angle. And I know there are some in
        > Vancouver (see website for details).
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/fbt9a
        >
        > Of course, if he is here long enough, tell him to order some DIY
        > kits from rubiks.com since it is easy and cheap to have it shipped
        > within the country.
        >
        > -Dave Campbell

        Hey Sachin, I live in Vancouver BC.
        If you budy is a cuber i would love to meet up with him and share
        methods and tricks. Im a resomably new cuber and have been cubing for
        4 months (3 speed cubing, 2 petrus, 1 fridrich) and just made a 56.xx
        avg earlyer today.
        As for a good place to buy cubes, Toys R Us is your best bet for 3x3
        cubes but if your looking for 4x4 or 5x5 cubes the only place you can
        find them is at the Sience and Nature store.
        http://www.shopwillowbrook.com:8080/wma/store_detail.jsp?storeId=153
        Revenge is $30.77CND after taxes and a Professor is $36CND before
        tax(I think).
        I myself am also looking for Vancouver area cubers so if you find any
        please contact me.

        Hope this is helpful,
        Balrog