Re: Cube Art - may be off topic here -- Incredible!

  • mike_go_uk
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thomkirjava"
      <snkenjoi@...> wrote:

      > We have those invader things all over manchester...

      Ah, thanks. I had wondered what those were. :D

      By the way, do you know what happened to that group of figures in
      bronze in St Peter's Square? Their gender-deprived condition perhaps
      symbolized the hideous after-effects of nuclear war:

      http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3704

      Not a very good picture. The official title of the piece was something
      clunky like "Nuclear Family", so it was fun now and then to think up
      better names for the sculpture.

      Mike
    • thomkirjava
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        Probibly got nicked.

        Look at this....

        no more arguments! :D

        http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pwned0fl.jpg

        ~Thom

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, mike_go_uk
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thomkirjava"
        > <snkenjoi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > We have those invader things all over manchester...
        >
        > Ah, thanks. I had wondered what those were. :D
        >
        > By the way, do you know what happened to that group of figures in
        > bronze in St Peter's Square? Their gender-deprived condition perhaps
        > symbolized the hideous after-effects of nuclear war:
        >
        > http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3704
        >
        > Not a very good picture. The official title of the piece was something
        > clunky like "Nuclear Family", so it was fun now and then to think up
        > better names for the sculpture.
        >
        > Mike

      • mike_go_uk
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2006
          <no_reply@...> wrote:
          > Not a very good picture. The official title of the piece was

          ...even worse than I remembered. A better picture:

          http://tinyurl.com/fauvk

          Mike
        • mike_go_uk
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2006
            <snkenjoi@...> wrote:
            > Look at this....
            > no more arguments! :D

            Oh, noooo-oo-o-o-o! Please don't resurrect that one. :)

            Mike
          • thomkirjava
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2006
              Haha, i think i've put the final nail in the coffin.