Re: 5x5x5

  • Behnam Esfahbod
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "David"
      <skaterinpain57@y...> wrote:

      > my 5x5x5 is really stuck can ne of u guys give me tips on how to
      take it apart to spray cuz
      > i really dont wanna it to break thanks for ne help

      Here you can find a visual how-to:
      http://flickr.com/photos/zwnj/sets/1780150/
    • Per Kristen Fredlund
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi :-)

        That's a horrible way to do it. Only turn the TOP layer 45 degrees.
        Then bend the edge triplet of top layer upwards while bending the
        adjacent layer downwards. Well, that's just my opinion.

        Oh, and there's no need to disassemble it to get lube inside. Just use
        the flexible thin tube that came w the can to get the silicone inside.
        Some turning of the cube will make the silicone distribute itself
        nicely :-) Spray a little from several angles. Do the turning and then
        repeat a few times the very first time the cube is lubed. Later, much
        less lube is needed each time. After a long time and several lube
        sessions it's a good idea to wash it all away before lubing. This will
        indeed require to take the cube apart :-)

        Have fun!

        -Per

        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Behnam Esfahbod"
        <behnam@z...> wrote:

        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "David"
        > <skaterinpain57@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > my 5x5x5 is really stuck can ne of u guys give me tips on how to
        > take it apart to spray cuz
        > > i really dont wanna it to break thanks for ne help
        > >

        > Here you can find a visual how-to:
        > http://flickr.com/photos/zwnj/sets/1780150/

      • pjgat09
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 1, 2006
          www.geocities.com/pjgat09/misc5a.html (take apart)
          www.geocities.com/pjgat09/misc5b.html

          I plan to redo many of the pages on my site, and this will be updated
          aswell. Good luck!

          Peter Greenwood