Re: Cube solver needed in Pasadena/ LA area

  • thunderpants16
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2006
      Nope not keen with manuals or intructions/diagrams at all.
      Im a hand-on-learn-by-doing kind of person. I don't mind forking out
      a little dough for quick tutorial rather than look at dizzy crazy
      diagrams that would take hours and days.

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, smgfreak_dk

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
        Why don't you come by Caltech? Or if you want, there's a Starbucks on
        California and Lake.

        Tyson Mao
        MSC #631
        California Institute of Technology

        On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:50 PM, thunderpants16 wrote:

        > Nope not keen with manuals or intructions/diagrams at all.
        > Im a hand-on-learn-by-doing kind of person. I don't mind forking out
        > a little dough for quick tutorial rather than look at dizzy crazy
        > diagrams that would take hours and days.
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, smgfreak_dk
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        >>
        >> websites aren't helping much?
        >>
        >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thunderpants16"
        >> <thunderpants16@y...> wrote:
        >>>
        >>> I will drive to your nearest starbucks and pay you $25 + coffee
        > if you
        >>> help me solve the rubiks cube again. It shouldn't take that long
        >>> because I used to be able to solve it routinely back in jr high
        > 83-84.
        >>> My fastest time was 51 secs. Even with I think a great memory, I
        > just
        >>> forget the patterns since I haven't touched it for 20+ yrs until
        >>> recently. Evenings pref or weekends.
        >>>
        >>> David
        >>>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Joël van Noort
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hey David!

          Well.. Maybe you want to try my website anyway... I frequently get e-
          mails from happy people who are really happy with it, so maybe it
          works for you too. I highly recommend this tutorial:

          http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~jnoort/index.php?location=tutorial1

          Too bad I don't live in LA :p... I would do it for free, you know ;).

          Well, good luck!

          - Joël.

          <thunderpants16@y...> wrote:

          > Nope not keen with manuals or intructions/diagrams at all.
          > Im a hand-on-learn-by-doing kind of person. I don't mind forking
          out
          > a little dough for quick tutorial rather than look at dizzy crazy
          > diagrams that would take hours and days.
          >
          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, smgfreak_dk
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > websites aren't helping much?
          > >
          > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thunderpants16"
          > > <thunderpants16@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I will drive to your nearest starbucks and pay you $25 +
          coffee
          > if you
          > > > help me solve the rubiks cube again. It shouldn't take that
          long
          > > > because I used to be able to solve it routinely back in jr
          high
          > 83-84.
          > > > My fastest time was 51 secs. Even with I think a great memory,
          > just
          > > > forget the patterns since I haven't touched it for 20+ yrs
          until
          > > > recently. Evenings pref or weekends.
          > > >
          > > > David

        • Matt Moberly
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
            I will pay YOU $25 to not introduce yourself as "Thunderpants" when I get
            there. :-D

            --
            http://procool.blogspot.com

          • Leyan Lo
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
              I don't know if anyone contacted you about this already, but if you
              still need some help, I am free this Saturday. I go to school at Caltech.

              Leyan

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                I knew it... Caltech bitches would do everything for free coffee.

                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Leyan Lo <leyanlo@...>
                wrote:

                > I don't know if anyone contacted you about this already, but if you
                > still need some help, I am free this Saturday. I go to school at
                Caltech.

                > Leyan
                >

                > thunderpants16 wrote:
                > > I will drive to your nearest starbucks and pay $25 + coffee to
                show me
                > > how to solve the cube again. I just forget the patterns since I
                have
                > > not touched it for over 20 yrs. It should not take that long
                > > hopefully since I was able to solve it routinely back in jr high
                83-84
                > > plus I have pretty good memory. My fastest time was 51 secs. I
                have no
                > > idea how ppl are doing under 30 secs these days. My hands were
                blur
                > > and never stopped moving when I did it in 51 secs. Must be the
                > > patterns they have now. Evenings or weekends pref.
                > >
                > > David
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • kyuubree
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                  Actually, Stefan, a lot of bitches would do many things for the $25
                  alone, even independent of the coffee

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
                  <pochmann@...> wrote:

                  > I knew it... Caltech bitches would do everything for free coffee.

                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Leyan Lo <leyanlo@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I don't know if anyone contacted you about this already, but if
                  you
                  > > still need some help, I am free this Saturday. I go to school
                  at
                  > Caltech.
                  > >
                  > > Leyan
                  > >

                  > > thunderpants16 wrote:
                  > > > I will drive to your nearest starbucks and pay $25 + coffee to
                  > show me
                  > > > how to solve the cube again. I just forget the patterns since
                  > have
                  > > > not touched it for over 20 yrs. It should not take that long
                  > > > hopefully since I was able to solve it routinely back in jr
                  high
                  > 83-84
                  > > > plus I have pretty good memory. My fastest time was 51 secs. I
                  > have no
                  > > > idea how ppl are doing under 30 secs these days. My hands were
                  > blur
                  > > > and never stopped moving when I did it in 51 secs. Must be the
                  > > > patterns they have now. Evenings or weekends pref.
                  > > >
                  > > > David
                  > > >

                  > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • smgfreak_dk
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006

                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, kyuubree <no_reply@...>

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                      Bringing it back to the topic, yeah, just let us know and we'd be happy
                      to help you out. Caltech is home to the greatest concentration of
                      blindfold cubers in the world!

                      On Feb 1, 2006, at 8:06 PM, smgfreak_dk wrote:

                      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, kyuubree <no_reply@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Actually, Stefan, a lot of bitches would do many things for the $25
                      >> alone, even independent of the coffee
                      >>

                      >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
                      >> <pochmann@> wrote:
                      >>>
                      >>> I knew it... Caltech bitches would do everything for free coffee.
                      >>>
                      >>> Cheers!
                      >>> Stefan
                      >>>
                      >>> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Leyan Lo <leyanlo@>

                      >> you
                      >> at
                      >>> Caltech.

                      >>> show me
                      >>> have
                      >> high
                      >>> 83-84
                      >>> have no
                      >>> blur

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Brent Morgan
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                        Hi cube pals,
                        I'm looking for a Tetris record database of some kind... Like a forum or official listing. If ANYONE knows about this, a reply to my personal email at brentmorganmaster@... or to this group would be appreciated. Thanks,
                        -Brent Morgan

                        :)
                        --Brent

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 3, 2006
                          Don't know about such lists, but we could try playing xtris against
                          each other. Might suck, though, cause of the transfer delays. But we
                          could try it. Interested? I love Tetris, and xtris was installed on
                          our university computers for a long time (sadly deleted now...).

                          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Brent Morgan