I'm back!

  • cmhardw
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2006
      Hey again everyone!

      I'm back from vacation and just finished catching up on the over 900
      posts I was behind on (I've been reading for several hours straight
      lol)!

      I wanted to write to wish everyone a belated Happy Holidays (insert
      the holiday you celebrate here :-) and a very Happy New Year!

      It felt wonderful being on vacation and away from technology and my
      usual routine, but it does feel good to be back.

      Happy cubing all!
      Chris
    • thebunze
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
        Hello Chris, where was your vacation?
      • Craig Bouchard
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
          CHRIS!!! YAY you're back...people have been asking me like crazy when
          you will be back...

          Bunze: He was at his grandparents house for the holidays...and he
          still has to move back home cuz he graduated from University
          finally...so not sure when we will have the full Chris back...

          Chris: We need to talk about so much stuff...

          Craig

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thebunze"
          <thebunze@g...> wrote:

          > Hello Chris, where was your vacation?

        • Per Kristen Fredlund
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
            Hi :-)

            I think he must have collapsed into coma after coming home and reading
            up on 900 messages. Hehe ... :-P

            -Per

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
              if it were me...I would have...but then again I wouldn't read 900
              messages...I'd skip over a lot of them...meh...

              Craig

              P.S. - Hey Per...

              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Per Kristen Fredlund"
              <aspiring_to_love@y...> wrote:

              > Hi :-)
              >
              > I think he must have collapsed into coma after coming home and reading
              > up on 900 messages. Hehe ... :-P
              >
              > -Per
              >
              > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "thebunze"
              > <thebunze@g...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello Chris, where was your vacation?

            • cubeheadnc
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 30, 2008
                From a million years ago and a failed website...I'm back into the
                cubing world...

                Averaged today at 36.67 seconds hope to work on that.

                Is macky still around on here? if so hi Mack :D
              • Ole Petersen
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 31, 2008
                  My time is 32 seconds. How fast do you have to do it to compete in competitions?

                  Averaged today at 36.67 seconds hope to work on that.

                  Is macky still around on here? if so hi Mack :D

                  Find din nye laptop på kelkoo.dk. Se de gode tilbud her - http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/mm

                • rubiksguy
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 31, 2008
                    I've asked that question too I've been to two competitions. No time restrictions are set. I
                    have seen solves that take as long as 1:30, and as fast as 11.fx seconds. So, you should
                    be good. Some competitions may have restrictions, but the ones that would would
                    probably be worlds, or something. Check out the competition pages to make sure.

                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Ole Petersen <ohyai2003@...> wrote:

                    > My time is 32 seconds. How fast do you have to do it to compete in competitions?

                  • William Robbins
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 31, 2008
                      Most comps it's 10 min max! But with 30
                      Sec I think you'll be good!

                      Cube on!

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Aug 31, 2008, at 1:16 PM, "rubiksguy" <rubiksguy@...> wrote:

                      I've asked that question too I've been to two competitions. No time restrictions are set. I
                      have seen solves that take as long as 1:30, and as fast as 11.fx seconds. So, you should
                      be good. Some competitions may have restrictions, but the ones that would would
                      probably be worlds, or something. Check out the competition pages to make sure.

                      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Ole Petersen <ohyai2003@...> wrote:

                      > My time is 32 seconds. How fast do you have to do it to compete in competitions?

                    • Ole Petersen
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 31, 2008
                        10 min? Cant be real
                        Yes, is 30 sec fast with a 3^3 cube?

                        I've asked that question too I've been to two competitions. No time restrictions are set. I
                        have seen solves that take as long as 1:30, and as fast as 11.fx seconds. So, you should
                        be good. Some competitions may have restrictions, but the ones that would would
                        probably be worlds, or something. Check out the competition pages to make sure.

                        --- In speedsolvingrubiksc ube@yahoogroups. com, Ole Petersen <ohyai2003@. ..> wrote:

                        > My time is 32 seconds. How fast do you have to do it to compete in competitions?

                        Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV! Se her http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/lcd

                      • cmhardw
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 31, 2008
                          If you can't solve in 10 minutes, then the stackmat timer will shut
                          off on you. So yes, 10 minutes is usually the time limit. Some
                          rounds may be a "combined final" in which case you are given typically
                          2 solves to achieve a time under say 1:30 or 2:00, so if you are
                          competing in this kind of round your time limit is effectively the
                          time limit of the round, but for 2 solves you can take up to 10 minutes.

                          And yes 30 seconds is fast on 3x3, you will typically find lots of
                          other people at a competition who are about the same ability as you
                          when you are at 30 seconds.

                          Don't ever not go to a competition because you think your time is not
                          fast enough. Going to a competition is extremely fun, and it is much
                          easier to learn from people in person than from the internet if your
                          goal is to still get faster.

                          Go to competitions! Even if your time is 10 minutes, Go-To-Competitions!

                          'Nuff said ;-)
                          Chris

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 31, 2008
                            Yep thats why i said at 30 you would be ok!

                            But yea as he said GO TO COMPS!

                            Its not just being fast!

                            You can be slow  and have a great time! its a comp yes but its also a whole buch of people who love the cube and share the same intrest!

                            GO have fun!

                            Cube on

                            Will Robbins