Re: quick tangent

  • double_nubbins <ken_murkot@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, cmhardw
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hey this doesn't really relate to the cube but I thought you guys
      > might get a kick out of this (particularly math people). I duped
      my
      > little sister into posing for this picture, she'll probably kill me
      > when she gets older :). Anyway here's the link,
      > http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/images/jade-math.jpg
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > P.S. it's geeky humor but what the heck

      man, that's a good picture. you need to keep that one. i haven't
      laughed so hard in quite a while.
      also, i was amazed that it generated more responses on the board here
      than just about anything else.
      i am reminded of when my first child was born, the first thing i said
      to him was, "never take the knight-pawn with your queen when you are
      behind in development"
      i guess i am a geek at heart...
    • Hana M. Bizek <hanabizek@earthlink.net>
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2003
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "double_nubbins
        <ken_murkot@y...>" <ken_murkot@y...> wrote:
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, cmhardw
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Hey this doesn't really relate to the cube but I thought you guys
        > > might get a kick out of this (particularly math people). I duped
        > my
        > > little sister into posing for this picture, she'll probably kill
        me
        > > when she gets older :). Anyway here's the link,
        > > http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/images/jade-math.jpg
        > >
        > > Chris
        > >
        > > P.S. it's geeky humor but what the heck
        >
        > man, that's a good picture. you need to keep that one. i haven't
        > laughed so hard in quite a while.
        > also, i was amazed that it generated more responses on the board
        here
        > than just about anything else.
        > i am reminded of when my first child was born, the first thing i
        said
        > to him was, "never take the knight-pawn with your queen when you
        are
        > behind in development"
        > i guess i am a geek at heart...

        Yours is the first message of the New Year. May I be the second?

        Several people, including myself, replied to this message. I replied
        from outside the group, and my reply didn't get in. No matter, some
        of the responses were pretty identical. What I did not see is
        identiication of those rows as 11^n, for n=1 to n=5, and obsevation
        that the little girl was poised complete the triangle for n=0.
        Some people continued this triangle for n=6, 7, and 8. I verified
        thrir calculation.

        Are physicists considered geeks? :-)

        Hana a kostky