Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Super stiff Megaminx

  • arcdraven
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi Stefan!
      Time ago I ordered some nice 2milimeter washers from Skiffy website, a web you recommended. I recommend this washers too.
      But, where do you buy the springs? which is the website? and the spring characteristics/requirements?
      It is hard to find in stores here in Spain...
      Alberto.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        Hi Alberto,

        hmm... 2 millimeter washers? That sounds strange... but I know which
        you mean.

        I got my springs at http://www.federnshop.com/
        Choose "English" on the left.
        Then "compression springs".
        It's article number "D-077".

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "arcdraven"

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
          <pochmann@g...> wrote:

          > Hi Alberto,
          >
          > hmm... 2 millimeter washers? That sounds strange... but I know which
          > you mean.

          Actually... no I don't. Do you mean 2mm thick? Metal or nylon? I
          thought about getting 2mm thick nylon washers for Megaminx because
          currently I use about 6 washers each 0.8mm thick. But that's ok, too,
          and they're cheap.

        • Alberto Cuesta
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
            the exact washers are this:

            http://www.skiffy.com/docs/menufr.cfm?taal=gb&ID=wdss223622&pagina=prodinfo.cfm&artnum=041030240952

            http://www.skiffy.com/docs/prodinfo.cfm?taal=gb&ID=xyxz177768A8&serie=003-m&artnum=041030240952&maatkeus=mm

            I can see they are not as small as I stated. The page says : outside diameter 6, inside diameter 3.2, thick 0.8.

            Really, between 2 and 3 mm of metal, oustide minus inside diameter.

            I have always 'thought' they were (it is better to say 'called') 2mm or so because when I bought '3mm wahers' in a store, they selled me bigger washers than the ones I bought by web. So, it is probably (and surely) a defect on me.

            Be sure the washers are the linked here above.

            Alberto.

            > hmm... 2 millimeter washers? That sounds strange... but I know which
            > you mean.

            Actually... no I don't. Do you mean 2mm thick? Metal or nylon? I
            thought about getting 2mm thick nylon washers for Megaminx because
            currently I use about 6 washers each 0.8mm thick. But that's ok, too,
            and they're cheap.

            Word puzzle game Kid puzzle game Puzzle games

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Alberto Cuesta"
              <arcdraven@y...> wrote:

              > http://www.skiffy.com/docs/menufr.cfm?
              taal=gb&ID=wdss223622&pagina=prodinfo.cfm&artnum=041030240952

              Ah yes, those are the ones I have, too.

              > I have always 'thought' they were (it is better to say 'called') 2mm
              or so because when I bought '3mm wahers' in a store, they selled me
              bigger washers than the ones I bought by web.

              Sure it wasn't "M3"? But yes, could be "3mm" as well. Usually when
              they use just one size they mean the inside diameter, since the most
              important thing is that the screw or whatever goes through it nicely.
              And you'll find things like "M3" for screws, too. Not sure what
              exactly that is, but I don't think the "M" stands for millimeters.

            • Dennis Nilssson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
                M in e.g. M3 = Metric. The 3 (when talking about screws) stands for 3 mm
                thread diameter. You may find a lot of other cryptic abbreviations when
                searching for standard fasteners. But I will not bore you with such stuff in
                this group :) Note that it doesn't say anything about what type of e.g.
                screw we're talking about (socket head, hexagon head etc.)

                // Dennis

                taal=gb&ID=wdss223622&pagina=prodinfo.cfm&artnum=041030240952

                Ah yes, those are the ones I have, too.

                > I have always 'thought' they were (it is better to say 'called') 2mm
                or so because when I bought '3mm wahers' in a store, they selled me
                bigger washers than the ones I bought by web.

                Sure it wasn't "M3"? But yes, could be "3mm" as well. Usually when
                they use just one size they mean the inside diameter, since the most
                important thing is that the screw or whatever goes through it nicely.
                And you'll find things like "M3" for screws, too. Not sure what
                exactly that is, but I don't think the "M" stands for millimeters.

                Yahoo! Groups Links