Supercube parity correction

  • giraffeboy13
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
      So i was told to use the orientation correction algorithm that i use
      for a 4x4 to correct the parity error inside of the last center of the
      super 5x5. The way that i solve a 4x4 though i don't end up with an
      orientation error. Can anyone post the agorithm that works?

      ~John~
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, giraffeboy13
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > So i was told to use the orientation correction algorithm that i use
        > for a 4x4 to correct the parity error inside of the last center of
        the
        > super 5x5. The way that i solve a 4x4 though i don't end up with an
        > orientation error. Can anyone post the agorithm that works?
        >
        > ~John~

        Combining this statement with your other post (#22052 where you say
        you solve the 4x4 as centers->edges->3x3) makes me think you should
        seriously consider getting a lottery ticket right now!

        Stefan
      • giraffeboy13
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
          <pochmann@g...> wrote:

          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, giraffeboy13
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > So i was told to use the orientation correction algorithm that i use
          > > for a 4x4 to correct the parity error inside of the last center of
          > the
          > > super 5x5. The way that i solve a 4x4 though i don't end up with an
          > > orientation error. Can anyone post the agorithm that works?
          > >
          > > ~John~
          >
          > Combining this statement with your other post (#22052 where you say
          > you solve the 4x4 as centers->edges->3x3) makes me think you should
          > seriously consider getting a lottery ticket right now!
          >
          > Stefan

          Wow, nevermind! I feel really stupid right now. I definitely just
          figured it out. Please don't consider me as stupid as my posts may
          make me seem!

          ~John~
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > Wow, nevermind! I feel really stupid right now. I definitely just
            > figured it out. Please don't consider me as stupid as my posts may
            > make me seem!

            Sorry, that was not my intention. I just knew there must be something
            wrong but I didn't know what, and my post was my way to say so. What
            is it that you figured out now?

            The way you solve 4x4 is not unusual, btw, it's how most of us do it.
            And we all end up with the orientation parity half of the time, that's
            why it seemed strange you don't.

          • cmhardw
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > So i was told to use the orientation correction algorithm that i use
              > for a 4x4 to correct the parity error inside of the last center of the
              > super 5x5. The way that i solve a 4x4 though i don't end up with an
              > orientation error. Can anyone post the agorithm that works?
              >
              > ~John~

              Hey John,

              For me this alg is by far the fastest super5x5 parity fix. Look at
              the "+" edges in relation to the centralmost centerpiece. If those
              edges are in an odd permutation you have parity. So you can solve
              parity before you even think about starting to solve edges.

              The algs is (R'r' U2)x4 R'r'

              It messes up edges a bit and it switches centers as (blU <-> frU) (flU
              <-> brU) (lsU <-> rsU)

              Plus it is very fast to execute.

              Hope that helps.

              Chris
            • giraffeboy13
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
                <pochmann@g...> wrote:

                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, giraffeboy13
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Wow, nevermind! I feel really stupid right now. I definitely just
                > > figured it out. Please don't consider me as stupid as my posts may
                > > make me seem!
                >
                > Sorry, that was not my intention. I just knew there must be something
                > wrong but I didn't know what, and my post was my way to say so. What
                > is it that you figured out now?
                >
                > The way you solve 4x4 is not unusual, btw, it's how most of us do it.
                > And we all end up with the orientation parity half of the time, that's
                > why it seemed strange you don't.

                thanks. I do end up with some orientation parities at the end of
                solving a 4x4 but in trying to see what other people did to solve
                them, i was never quite able to find a solution to my corner error. I
                do almost always have to execute a dedge flip (gotten off of your
                website stefan because my algorithm was ridiculously long) Only that
                corner error seemed to be the one thing that no one else returned.
                that's why i figured i must be doing something different.

                ~John~