I had a great time today!!

  • Joël van Noort
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
      Hey guys :),

      I just want to let you all know, that I had one of the greatest days
      of my cubing carreer today :). (For those of you who don't know: I
      won the Dutch Championships). The secret is: Koen was right with his
      comment on that photo... I infiltrated in the 'team absolute'.

      No, just kidding ;). Actually, there is no secret, I was just in a
      very, very good shape today :). I am so excited about the whole
      competition, and for the very first time, I had my own digital
      camera, so I have a lot of nice pictures to share with all of you.
      I'll put them on my website some day.. Allthough I don't know if
      I'll do that before the worlds.. The next two days will be quite
      busy for me.

      Anyway, thanks to all cubers that inspired me, especially all the
      Dutch cubers for comming to the meetings and motivating me that way.

      Hope to see all of you soon (IRL!),

      Joël.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Joël van Noort
        <joel_vn@y...> wrote:

        > I just want to let you all know, that I had one of the greatest days
        > of my cubing carreer today :). (For those of you who don't know: I
        > won the Dutch Championships).

        Congrats, those were some really great times! Especially the first
        round :-)

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
          <pochmann@g...> wrote:

          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Joël van Noort
          > <joel_vn@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just want to let you all know, that I had one of the greatest
          days
          > > of my cubing carreer today :). (For those of you who don't know: I
          > > won the Dutch Championships).
          >
          > Congrats, those were some really great times! Especially the first
          > round :-)

          Hmm, Ron also seems to be doing much better than in the past (before
          Dutch Open 2005).

          Looking forwards to the pictures... and meeting you again soon!

          Stefan
        • Lars Vandenbergh
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
            Hi Joël,

            Congratulations on your Dutch Championship title! I knew ever since I met you, that one
            day your were going to be a very dangerous opponent and it's great to see you produce
            the kind of stuff you're capable of.

            I also want to offer my commiserations to Ron because he is finally getting some match
            rythm going, although today it wasn't good enough to beat Joël. I hope he can continue in
            the same vein because nobody likes to see someone struggle in a competition.

            See (most of) you on tuesday!

            Lars

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Joël van Noort <joel_vn@y...> wrote:

            > Hey guys :),
            >
            > I just want to let you all know, that I had one of the greatest days
            > of my cubing carreer today :). (For those of you who don't know: I
            > won the Dutch Championships). The secret is: Koen was right with his
            > comment on that photo... I infiltrated in the 'team absolute'.
            >
            > No, just kidding ;). Actually, there is no secret, I was just in a
            > very, very good shape today :). I am so excited about the whole
            > competition, and for the very first time, I had my own digital
            > camera, so I have a lot of nice pictures to share with all of you.
            > I'll put them on my website some day.. Allthough I don't know if
            > I'll do that before the worlds.. The next two days will be quite
            > busy for me.
            >
            > Anyway, thanks to all cubers that inspired me, especially all the
            > Dutch cubers for comming to the meetings and motivating me that way.
            >
            > Hope to see all of you soon (IRL!),
            >
            > Joël.

          • Koen Heltzel
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005
              There's a photo report on my site already:
              http://www.baseplace.nl/baseplace4/pics_dutchnationals2005.html

              It was a fun day indeed ... good competition :)

              - Koen
            • Rinie
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
                Hi all!

                First my congratulations to Joel! I was there in Eindhoven too. I
                was working for 999-games, but in my short break i noticed the rubic-
                cube stand. I'm very ashamed I didn't know of the Dutch Championships
                before, but I liked to participated. My first time was a new pesonal
                record, 1 minute, 45 seconds. At the two next times i made a mistake
                at the beginning, that was very afwul

                but anyway, was the first time for me to compete with cubing! And I
                liked it! Oh, and the first time I saw Joel, while he is living 10
                minutes walking from here...

                Oh, and there was said that I was the 3rd best of the females! Is
                that a good thing? :S

                Well, good luck to you all who are going to do the World
                Championships, and Joel, I will visit you sometime :)

                greets
                Rinie

                PS. I'm sorry for my worse english, that's also the reason I don;t
                visit this site often... But now a got the hang of it, I will look
                more in the future!

                <joel_vn@y...> wrote:

                > Hey guys :),
                >
                > I just want to let you all know, that I had one of the greatest
                days
                > of my cubing carreer today :). (For those of you who don't know: I
                > won the Dutch Championships). The secret is: Koen was right with
                his
                > comment on that photo... I infiltrated in the 'team absolute'.
                >
                > No, just kidding ;). Actually, there is no secret, I was just in a
                > very, very good shape today :). I am so excited about the whole
                > competition, and for the very first time, I had my own digital
                > camera, so I have a lot of nice pictures to share with all of you.
                > I'll put them on my website some day.. Allthough I don't know if
                > I'll do that before the worlds.. The next two days will be quite
                > busy for me.
                >
                > Anyway, thanks to all cubers that inspired me, especially all the
                > Dutch cubers for comming to the meetings and motivating me that way.
                >
                > Hope to see all of you soon (IRL!),
                >
                > Joël.

              • Joël van Noort
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
                  Hey Rinie,

                  It was pretty funny to meet you all of the sudden :)... Too bad we
                  didn't have time to talk...

                  3rd best of 5 woman? Ok, I'll shut up.

                  If you visit me sometime, that would be nice.. I could teach you to
                  be the fastest woman ;) (if you like). That wouldnt be so hard, I
                  think.

                  Going to the airport now,

                  CU all,

                  Joël.