Re: Selling stuff at WC2005

  • jello33
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 30, 2005
      I don't have them made up yet but I will have them before florida.

      Chris

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton"
      <bob@c...> wrote:
      > You sell T-shirts?
      >
      > ~ Bob
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "jello33"
      <chris@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hey Craig,
      > >
      > > I'll be coming and I'm planning on bringing stuf for sale. I'll
      have
      > > stickers, parts, T-shirts, and maybe some puzzles as well.
      > >
      > > Chris
      > > www.cubesmith.com
    • Gilles van den Peereboom
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 1, 2005
        Me too, but depending on what's on the shirt :p

        2005/10/1, Bob Burton <bob@...>:
        > I'd buy one.
        >
        > ~ Bob
        >
        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hunt
        > <huntca@g...> wrote:
        > > I was thinking about selling strangepuzzle.com
        > > <http://strangepuzzle.com>shirts for $5. It would help pay for the
        > > webspace.
        > >
        > > -Chris
      • Chris Sz...
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 1, 2005
          I'm such a T-shirt fiend - I'll buy one of everything :P

          --barefoot Chris

          wrote:
          > I'd buy one.
          >
          > ~ Bob
          >
          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hunt
          > <huntca@g...> wrote:
          > > I was thinking about selling strangepuzzle.com
          > > <http://strangepuzzle.com>shirts for $5. It would help pay for the
          > > webspace.
          > >
          > > -Chris
        • Chris Parlette
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 1, 2005
            Yeah, I'd definitly buy any shirts that were for sale at Orlando. I'd
            love to promote cubesmith and strangepuzzle. Maybe the guys from
            speedcubing.com could design a shirt also? I understand if you can't,
            since you guys already put a lot of time into the stuff you do, and
            we're all very grateful. I'm just saying, if you had one, I'd buy
            that too.

            -Chris Parlette

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Sz..."
            <s2chris2@h...> wrote:
            > I'm such a T-shirt fiend - I'll buy one of everything :P
            >
            > --barefoot Chris
            >

            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@c...>
            > wrote:
            > > I'd buy one.
            > >
            > > ~ Bob
            > >
            > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hunt
            > > <huntca@g...> wrote:
            > > > I was thinking about selling strangepuzzle.com
            > > > <http://strangepuzzle.com>shirts for $5. It would help pay for the
            > > > webspace.
            > > >
            > > > -Chris
          • Sapan Upadhyay
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 2, 2005
              now that you mention designing shirts...

              what if other people designed the shirts and submitted the designs
              here? could be kinda like a competition (you know, since all of us
              love that kind of stuff)

              what do you guys think?

              On 10/1/05, Chris Parlette <mdcube@...> wrote:
              > Yeah, I'd definitly buy any shirts that were for sale at Orlando. I'd
              > love to promote cubesmith and strangepuzzle. Maybe the guys from
              > speedcubing.com could design a shirt also? I understand if you can't,
              > since you guys already put a lot of time into the stuff you do, and
              > we're all very grateful. I'm just saying, if you had one, I'd buy
              > that too.
              >
              > -Chris Parlette
              >

              > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Sz..."
              > <s2chris2@h...> wrote:
              > > I'm such a T-shirt fiend - I'll buy one of everything :P
              > >
              > > --barefoot Chris
              > >

              > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <bob@c...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > I'd buy one.
              > > >
              > > > ~ Bob
              > > >
              > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hunt

              -cubekid
            • Gustav Fredell
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 2, 2005
                Does anyone have any tips on how to quickly recognize which CLL/COLL
                case one is currently facing? At the moment my recognition is far to slow.

                Anything is helpful.

                /Gustav
              • cmhardw
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Hey Gustav,

                  I think Masayuki Akimoto's page is excellent for learning to recognize
                  CLL/COLL.

                  His method is more or less how I recognize also. You mostly just look
                  for groups of stickers with either the same color or opposite colors.
                  Using that you can identify all the cases.

                  Here's Masayuki's page on recognition:
                  http://rokumentai.akimoto3.com/GRSM-e3.htm

                  Chris

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gustav Fredell
                  <gufr5747@s...> wrote:
                  > Does anyone have any tips on how to quickly recognize which CLL/COLL
                  > case one is currently facing? At the moment my recognition is far to
                  slow.

                  > Anything is helpful.
                  >
                  > /Gustav
                • Gustav Fredell
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Thanks!

                    /Gustav

                    cmhardw skrev:

                    >Hey Gustav,
                    >
                    >I think Masayuki Akimoto's page is excellent for learning to recognize
                    >CLL/COLL.
                    >
                    >His method is more or less how I recognize also. You mostly just look
                    >for groups of stickers with either the same color or opposite colors.
                    > Using that you can identify all the cases.
                    >
                    >Here's Masayuki's page on recognition:
                    >http://rokumentai.akimoto3.com/GRSM-e3.htm
                    >
                    >Chris
                    >
                    >--- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gustav Fredell
                    ><gufr5747@s...> wrote:
                    >

                    >>Does anyone have any tips on how to quickly recognize which CLL/COLL
                    >>case one is currently facing? At the moment my recognition is far to
                    >>

                    >slow.
                    >

                    >>Anything is helpful.
                    >>
                    >>/Gustav
                    >>

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    >http://www.nod32.com

                  • Chris Hunt
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 2, 2005
                      On 10/2/05, Sapan Upadhyay <cubekid@...> wrote:

                      > now that you mention designing shirts...
                      >
                      > what if other people designed the shirts and submitted the designs
                      > here? could be kinda like a competition (you know, since all of us
                      > love that kind of stuff)
                      >
                      > what do you guys think?

                      Sounds like a good idea to me, less work for myself :)

                      If anyone wants to design a shirt for strangepuzzle then post your idea here
                      or on the 'contact me' page on strangepuzzle. Get your submissions in by
                      October 21st. If I have enough submissions, then I'll let people vote from
                      the 21st until the 24th. If nobody or very little people submit, then it's
                      up to me :)

                      Thanks Sapan,

                      -Chris

                    • Bob Burton
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 2, 2005
                        I discuss how I recognize every case on my COLL page.
                        www.cubewhiz.com/coll.html

                        Is this helpful?

                        ~ Bob

                        <gufr5747@s...> wrote:
                        > Does anyone have any tips on how to quickly recognize which CLL/COLL
                        > case one is currently facing? At the moment my recognition is far to
                        slow.

                        > Anything is helpful.
                        >
                        > /Gustav
                      • Gustav Fredell
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 3, 2005
                          Thanks Bob, and yes, it is helpful. I'm looking at it more generally
                          though since I will be using it with any LL-color, but the pictures are
                          useful nonetheless. Oh, and in #6 and think it should say: Mirror case
                          of #05 ;)

                          /Gustav

                          Bob Burton skrev:

                          >I discuss how I recognize every case on my COLL page.
                          >www.cubewhiz.com/coll.html
                          >
                          >Is this helpful?
                          >
                          >~ Bob
                          >
                          >--- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Gustav Fredell
                          ><gufr5747@s...> wrote:
                          >

                          >>Does anyone have any tips on how to quickly recognize which CLL/COLL
                          >>case one is currently facing? At the moment my recognition is far to
                          >>

                          >slow.
                          >

                          >>Anything is helpful.
                          >>
                          >>/Gustav
                          >>

                          >Yahoo! Groups Links

                          >http://www.nod32.com

                        • Mike Bennett
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 3, 2005
                            Perhaps you should try taking a look at Lars Vandenbergh's site. I
                            use the method where you see which orientation case, and then which
                            two corners must switch. It's simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

                            -Mike Bennett

                            <gufr5747@s...> wrote:
                            > Thanks Bob, and yes, it is helpful. I'm looking at it more generally
                            > though since I will be using it with any LL-color, but the pictures are
                            > useful nonetheless. Oh, and in #6 and think it should say: Mirror case
                            > of #05 ;)
                            >
                            > /Gustav
                          • Bob Burton
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 3, 2005
                              <gufr5747@s...> wrote:
                              > Thanks Bob, and yes, it is helpful. I'm looking at it more generally
                              > though since I will be using it with any LL-color, but the pictures are
                              > useful nonetheless. Oh, and in #6 and think it should say: Mirror case
                              > of #05 ;)

                              Good. :) Yes, that is what it should say. Thanks, I'll change it.
                              The colors are meant to be general. Obviously, I will not have a red
                              front every time. ;) I use colors just to show which pieces have the
                              same color and which have opposites. Never do I have to think about
                              whether a color is left/right of another. Either it is the same, it
                              is the opposite, or it is adjacent (to either side). :)

                              ~ Bob