downloadable simulations

  • madscan_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/puzzles.html

      I want to suggest a link for you to post.
      http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/puzzles.html DAVID BAGLEY has put
      together a package of his FREE windows-based programs including a
      cube simulator that allows at least as high as 10x10x10 to run
      flawlessly on my old 486 -66mhz-24 mbRAM machine as well as pyramids,
      octahedra,dino, skewb,etc. all with the ability to
      increase/decrease "layers" and change from face turning to corner
      turning modes where applicable. These program allows you to save the
      current state of your cube (including all the moves done to get to
      that state) to a file called xxxxx.dat(can be renamed to allow for
      multiple save states) and reload it later to continue where you left
      off. worked great for my first-ever effort to solve 9x9x9,which took
      several half-hour sessions to finally complete(which I then saved to
      the ".dat" file,and which ,when reloaded, plays an impressive
      little "movie" as the simulator displays every single state the cube
      was in from start to finish in rapid-fire succession) The download is
      small and the functionality is UNSURPASSED !!!! BY FAR THE BEST
      SOFTWARE SIMULATION I'VE YET TO USE AND I BELIEVE BY FAR THE BEST
      SOFTWARE SIMULATION OUT THERE!!!! (DEBATABLE, I'M SURE) DID I MENTION
      IT'S FREE??? Try it, you'll love it. thanks