The hardest puzzle ever...

  • Chris Hunt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Ok, so I was practicing with my 4x4x4 and the thing exploded. This
      happens a lot, but I still have trouble putting it back together. Does
      anyone have any secrets for putting the center pieces in? It takes me
      hours to get the last center piece on and I still haven't done it. It
      seems to fall apart quite easily but takes days to fix.

      Any help on getting those center pieces in would be greatly appreciated! :)

      -Chris
    • Ben King
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Chris Hunt
        <huntca@g...> wrote:
        > Ok, so I was practicing with my 4x4x4 and the thing exploded. This
        > happens a lot, but I still have trouble putting it back together.
        Does
        > anyone have any secrets for putting the center pieces in? It takes me
        > hours to get the last center piece on and I still haven't done it. It
        > seems to fall apart quite easily but takes days to fix.
        >
        > Any help on getting those center pieces in would be greatly
        appreciated! :)

        > -Chris

        I assume you're using a rubik's 4x4x4. I have that problem a lot too
        except when mine falls apart, it's usually due to a center snapping.

        But the way I do it is to build it layer by layer on a table. For
        example, start with white. Should be easy to get all the centers in.
        Then put in the rest of the pieces. Build the side centers. Should
        still be easy because the top isn't done. Then when you do the top,
        Just try to get as many centers out of the way when you put in the
        last one. I think two of the centers should be able to move out of
        the way.

        Hope that helps,
        Ben.
      • Chris Hunt
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
          On 8/1/05, Ben King <grsbmd@...> wrote:
          > I assume you're using a rubik's 4x4x4.

          That's correct.

          > But the way I do it is to build it layer by layer on a table. For
          > example, start with white. Should be easy to get all the centers in.
          > Then put in the rest of the pieces. Build the side centers. Should
          > still be easy because the top isn't done. Then when you do the top,
          > Just try to get as many centers out of the way when you put in the
          > last one. I think two of the centers should be able to move out of
          > the way.

          Thanks Ben. I'm going to try and start over and do it that way. Right
          now I have the whole thing done except for a corner, two edges, and a
          center piece. I'm going to take apart the top layer and build up the
          centers first.