4*4*4 : 9 pairs of edge at once

  • Frédérick BADIE
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
      Hi,

      I use this alg to solve 9 pairs of edge at once :

      L' F' U (Rr)' (Dd)' D' U' R U D R' (Dd) (Rr)

      9 pairs is a max, 8 more often.
      The first 3 moves don't touch the edge-pair, but it's an help to
      preposition them.

      Frédérick.
    • James Stuber
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
        And I have trouble doing two edge pairs at once....

        _____

        I use this alg to solve 9 pairs of edge at once :

        L' F' U (Rr)' (Dd)' D' U' R U D R' (Dd) (Rr)

        9 pairs is a max, 8 more often.
        The first 3 moves don't touch the edge-pair, but it's an help to
        preposition them.

        Frédérick.

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        be>

      • Ron van Bruchem
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2005
          Frédérick,

          Cool algorithm!
          But how do you easily set up this 9 cycle? And what if there is a 5 cycle
          instead of a 9 cycle?

          Have fun,

          Ron

          > I use this alg to solve 9 pairs of edge at once :
          >
          > L' F' U (Rr)' (Dd)' D' U' R U D R' (Dd) (Rr)
          >
          > 9 pairs is a max, 8 more often.
          > The first 3 moves don't touch the edge-pair, but it's an help to
          > preposition them.
          >
          > Frédérick.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Frédérick BADIE
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 18, 2005
            By following the 9-cycle, you have the first 4 pairs in the same
            layer. Consider it like the D layer ( made as a cross) .
            The 4 next pairs are in the middle layer ( by analogy the F2L step).

            And the last pair is in the U layer.
            This alg leaves the last 3 pairs in U layer unsolved.

            If you have 5-cycle by example, nevermind. Continue the preposition
            with an other cycle.
            Just you loose one pair. Most of the time, my alg leaves 4 pairs
            unsolved. If I loose one pair (it's an unlucky case), you have 5
            pairs unsolved.

            But 4 or 5 pairs unsolved is the same (about).

            I try to calculate the probabilities : having a cycle of minumum 9
            pairs is possible most of the time, and it is not very important if
            you loose one pair.

            Have fun,
            Frederick

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Ron van Bruchem"
            <ron@s...> wrote:
            > Frédérick,
            >
            > Cool algorithm!
            > But how do you easily set up this 9 cycle? And what if there is a
            5 cycle
            > instead of a 9 cycle?
            >
            > Have fun,
            >
            > Ron

          • Frédérick BADIE
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 26, 2006
              Hi Ron,

              5 - L' f b' (Rrl)2 (Ll)' (Dd)' R' U R U' (Dd) (Ll)

              Have fun,
              Frédérick

              <ron@...> wrote:

              > Frédérick,
              >
              > Cool algorithm!
              > But how do you easily set up this 9 cycle? And what if there is a 5
              cycle
              > instead of a 9 cycle?
              >
              > Have fun,
              >
              > Ron

            • Frédérick BADIE
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 26, 2006
                or
                5 - L' d u' (Rrl)2 (Ll)' (Dd)' R' U R U' (Dd) (Ll)

                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Frédérick BADIE