Re: 20 sec cubers?

  • nviennefr
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2002
      Hi,

      I average 25' and I use Fridrich system I think it's difficult to
      break 23-24' barrier. And it requires a very hard work to improve.

      I've got another question to speedcubist:
      I am interrested on how many time speedcubist who have sub-20 record
      ( like Dan(s) , Ron, Jess etc...) usually do the cube ? 19-20?????

      With my experience, I have calculated that you just add 2 second to
      your personnal record to obtain your usually average . For exemple,
      for me who have a record at 25' I usually average at 27' What do you
      think guy about this ???

      Nicolas.
    • david_cubemaster
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2002
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., smoothcuber <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Just curious, anyone getting close to a 20 sec average out there?
        > Anyone hoping to eventually reach a 20 sec avg? Already under
        20?
        > How did you get there?
        >
        > Dave

        I'm averaging just under 25 at the moment, but probably I'll do at
        least 24,5 very soon... and when I have learned all the OLL
        algorithms (maybe 20 I don't know) I think I must be able to achieve
        sub 24 or lower.

        I seldom have an average of more than 25.5, and that is because I
        think I can do much better than my avg I have now...

        My goal is to be a sub-20 cuber, before the WC. Too bad I can't
        come to the WC (I live in Sweden and I am only 16) It would have
        been fun.