Re: Cubing while juggling (3 of them)

  • burntbizzkit
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
      > Just had to share.

      Unbelievable.

      -Chris
    • Terje Kristensen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
        Just wondered if you really meant “while JUGGLING the two other cubes”
        ... the main text didnt quite match the subject :)

        Terje

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
          You juggle two cubes in one hand, then solve the third cube in the
          other hand. Then you just switch off the cubes with some type of cross
          throw and you repeat until all cubes are solved. Then you proceed to
          get another four cubes, so you juggle all 7 cubes, you do a db97531,
          and then you're done.

          Tyson Mao
          MSC #631
          California Institute of Technology

          On Jun 3, 2005, at 12:07 AM, Terje Kristensen wrote:

          > Just wondered if you really meant “while JUGGLING the two other cubes”
          > ... the main text didnt quite match the subject :)
          >
          > Terje

        • Gilles Roux
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "mackymakisumi"
            <mackymakisumi@y...> wrote:
            > solving a cube one-handed while solving two other cubes in the other
            > hand and cycling them through until having all three solved:
            > 3:09.00
            >
            > I'm done with finals and have a lot of time on hand...when Richard
            > Patterson IMed me with the idea, I just had to try it. ;)
            >
            > Just had to share.

            Thanks for sharing. From my point of view (I'm a beginner), that's
            really impressive! A video?

            Gilles.

            PS: I don't feel proud when I'm juggling, but well, I don't care,
            having fun :-)
            http://grrroux.free.fr/juggleking.avi
          • mackymakisumi
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 10, 2005
              > Thanks for sharing. From my point of view (I'm a beginner), that's
              > really impressive! A video?
              >
              > Gilles.

              Here's a 20-second clip (working on the second cube), thanks to Tedrick
              Leung. Unfortunately, the switching isn't on this video.
              http://cubefreak.hp.infoseek.co.jp/videos/ARML_cube_juggle.avi

              > PS: I don't feel proud when I'm juggling, but well, I don't care,
              > having fun :-)
              > http://grrroux.free.fr/juggleking.avi

              =) Nice.

              Macky
            • mackymakisumi
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 11, 2005
                > Here's a 20-second clip (working on the second cube), thanks to
                Tedrick
                > Leung. Unfortunately, the switching isn't on this video.
                > http://cubefreak.hp.infoseek.co.jp/videos/ARML_cube_juggle.avi

                Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need the latest DivX codec to view
                the video.

                Macky
              • GameOfDeath2
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 11, 2005
                  <mackymakisumi@y...> wrote:
                  > > Thanks for sharing. From my point of view (I'm a beginner), that's
                  > > really impressive! A video?
                  > >
                  > > Gilles.
                  >
                  > Here's a 20-second clip (working on the second cube), thanks to Tedrick
                  > Leung. Unfortunately, the switching isn't on this video.
                  > http://cubefreak.hp.infoseek.co.jp/videos/ARML_cube_juggle.avi
                  >
                  > > PS: I don't feel proud when I'm juggling, but well, I don't care,
                  > > having fun :-)
                  > > http://grrroux.free.fr/juggleking.avi
                  >
                  > =) Nice.
                  >
                  > Macky

                  That's pretty crazy stuff - I thought maybe you were juggling all 3 at once and just solving
                  them as they came round into one hand (I guess left judging by the video) though.
                  Then you'd be solving all 3 at once, intertwined so to speak.
                  Not sure how hard that would be... or if you could get many twists in at once.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 11, 2005
                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, GameOfDeath2
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    > I thought maybe you were juggling all 3 at once and just solving
                    > them as they came round into one hand (I guess left judging by the
                    video) though.
                    > Then you'd be solving all 3 at once, intertwined so to speak.
                    > Not sure how hard that would be... or if you could get many twists
                    in at once.

                    I think I could do that. And to top it off, I'd do it underwater!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 12, 2005
                      You wimp! That makes the juggling easier!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 12, 2005
                        Damn... I thought nobody would notice...

                        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tmao@i...>
                        wrote:
                        > You wimp! That makes the juggling easier!
                        >
                        > Tyson Mao
                        > MSC #631
                        > California Institute of Technology
                        >
                        > On Jun 11, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Stefan Pochmann wrote:
                        >
                        > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, GameOfDeath2
                        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > >>
                        > >> I thought maybe you were juggling all 3 at once and just solving
                        > >> them as they came round into one hand (I guess left judging by
                        the
                        > > video) though.
                        > >> Then you'd be solving all 3 at once, intertwined so to speak.
                        > >> Not sure how hard that would be... or if you could get many
                        twists
                        > > in at once.
                        > >
                        > > I think I could do that. And to top it off, I'd do it underwater!
                        > >
                        > > Cheers!
                        > > Stefan
                      • Gilles Roux
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 12, 2005
                          <mackymakisumi@y...> wrote:
                          > > Here's a 20-second clip (working on the second cube), thanks to
                          > Tedrick
                          > > Leung. Unfortunately, the switching isn't on this video.
                          > > http://cubefreak.hp.infoseek.co.jp/videos/ARML_cube_juggle.avi

                          *WOW*

                          But don't you never drop cubes? Even you, you can't avoid collisions
                          to happen?... How many broken cubes? ;-)

                          Gilles.