[Speed cubing group] Re: Multisolves

  • keggerius
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      P.S. Since the 6x6x6 has been discussed recently, I
      thought it would also be worth noting that while the
      4x4x4 and 5x5x5 have just two multisolves each, the
      6x6x6 would have 18 possible multisolves. Now I REALLY
      can't wait to get one!

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, keggerius <keggerius@y.
        ..> wrote:

        I just gave it a try and it's indeed fun. I used two scrambles from
        the Sunday contest for each case and I write them in the order I did
        them (and the my number of attempts).

        > 5x5x5 easy case
        > (scramble using only outer layers, then both layers)
        > 1:45.95

        2:11.55 (2)

        > 4x4x4 easy case
        > (scramble as 3x3x3, then as 2x2x2)
        > 1:15.84

        1:05.49 (1)

        > 4x4x4 hard case
        > (scramble as 2x2x2, then as 3x3x3)
        > 2:24.77

        8:22.43 (1)
        The first 1.5 minutes or so I had no idea what to do ;-)

        > 5x5x5 hard case
        > (scramble using both layers, then only outer layers)
        > 2:45.06

        7:26.68 (1)
        This is truly fun :-) Once you get to the second phase it's such a
        relief...

        I know I've seen them on SCC but I can't find them anymore. Where are
        they?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          Damn... tried another hard multi-5x5 and was much faster but screwed
          up permuting the LL edges of the first phase...

          Btw, I just remembered Grant was clever enough to exploit this a while
          ago in the 100th edition of the weekly online Japanese Speedcubing
          Contest:
          http://ksuehiro.hp.infoseek.co.jp/100kaikenenb.htm
          (look at his great times for 4x4)