[Speed cubing group] Re: New York Tournament

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2005
      The registration fee is $5. I'll provide more info on the format of
      the tournament (number of solves, number of rounds, etc) when I have
      a better idea as to how many competitors will be entering each event.

      Ian

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tmao@i...>
      wrote:
      > Yeah, probably about $5. I'll let Ian make the final call on
      that.
      > Ian, please post the info on your website when you do decide.
      >
      > Tyson Mao
      > MSC #631
      > California Institute of Technology
      >
      > On Mar 2, 2005, at 10:20 PM, jwillywonkas wrote:
      >

      > > Is there a registration fee, or anything like taht?
      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "rubikscubewhiz"
      > > <rubikscubewhiz@y...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Exciting! :)
      > >>
      > >> ~ Bob
      > >>
      > >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao
      > > <tmao@i...>

      > >> WCA)

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • pjgat09
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 3, 2005
        Finally, a tournament that i can get to. Theres a chance that i will
        be able to go.

        Message 3 of 16 , May 7, 2005
          Hi folks,

          The tournament at Horace Mann School in Riverdale, New York is
          coming up on Saturday, May 28th. We've got some really fast people
          coming (Macky, Chris H, Ryan Patricio, Tyson) and we're doing a
          bunch of different events (2x2, 3x3, 4x4, magic, rainbow cube,
          square-1, blindfold, one-handed, and maybe fewest moves). The
          tournament is an official one so we might have some new records at
          day's end!

          After the tournament, everyone is invited to a barbecue (BBQube?) at
          my house which is 10 minutes from the venue.

          The school is only 3 blocks from the subway and that Monday is
          Memorial Day so if you ever needed an excuse to visit New York City
          and do some sightseeing, this is it!

          I've been looking around for some suitable hotels and I've found a
          couple that are relatively cheap and are only a 10 minute drive from
          the venue. If you won't have a car, a taxi ride shouldn't be too
          expensive.

          Holiday Inn
          (914) 476-3800
          125 Tuckahoe Rd
          Yonkers, NY 10710

          Royal Regency Hotel
          914-476-6200
          165 Tuckahoe Rd
          Yonkers, NY 10710

          E-mail me (iwinoky@...) if you have any questions or if you
          want to register. There's info about the venue at

          http://home.manhattan.edu/~ian.winokur/CubeTournament.html

          I hope to see a bunch of you there!

          Ian Winokur