Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Valentine's Day

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 16, 2005
      It goes on. I was working on physics today. I left my room (I left
      the door open) for about 10 minutes and went two doors down the hall.
      When I came back, a yellow rose was placed on my desk. I'm getting
      kinda scared now... all my friends so far have denied any involvement
      with this whatsoever.

      Tyson Mao
      MSC #631
      California Institute of Technology

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 16, 2005
        Maybe it comes straight from God? Maybe you'll want to embrace Greek
        religion, I think they have female gods... not sure.

        Hide a webcam somewhere.

        Try to find out who knows one of these orientation algs:
        R U' L' B' R B L R2 F' U F (12q, 11f, 11s)
        R B' R' U' R B L R' F U F' L' (12q, 12f, 12s)
        (reaching the other Z-perm takes 16 or 18 quarter turns, didn't let
        ACube finish its work...)

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tmao@i...>

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 16, 2005
          So... I actually borrowed a webcam but I have a mac... and it doesn't
          have the right driver. Oh well.

          Yeah, shortest orientation algorithm from that state to get to a
          z-permutation anyway? I doubt the culprit put THAT much thought into
          it... it's already a very elaborate scheme.

          On Feb 16, 2005, at 2:43 AM, Stefan Pochmann wrote:

          > Maybe it comes straight from God? Maybe you'll want to embrace Greek
          > religion, I think they have female gods... not sure.
          >
          > Hide a webcam somewhere.
          >
          > Try to find out who knows one of these orientation algs:
          > R U' L' B' R B L R2 F' U F (12q, 11f, 11s)
          > R B' R' U' R B L R' F U F' L' (12q, 12f, 12s)
          > (reaching the other Z-perm takes 16 or 18 quarter turns, didn't let
          > ACube finish its work...)

        • d_j_salvia
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 21, 2005
            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
            <pochmann@g...> wrote:

            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "d_j_salvia"
            > <d_j_salvia@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > English is structured where sometimes there are parts missing from
            > > text which are "understood" to be there. If you remove the second
            > > "you" the sentence reads, "i yearn for you like a sub-fifteen" which
            > > has a different meaning from, "i yearn for you like you [yearn for]
            > > sub-fifteen."
            >
            > Ah, ok... I've seen that in written interviews with politicians and
            > celebrities, but I would've expected a love letter to be written in
            > cleaner English ;-) At least the "for" should've been added I'd say.
            > Grumble... Americans...

            Hi Stefan,

            That simile *is* written in "clean" Engish; in fact that usage
            dates back to a time between Chaucer and Shakespeare.

            Believe it or not, some Americans speak English well.

            Regards,

            David J