Re: Blogs

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi Jasmine,

      you could try to get some here:
      http://hlavolamy.gumruch.cz/europe.php
      (I found this page a while ago and I believe Ton also linked to it).
      You could also visit Prague ;-) I easily found it in a store and on
      markets.

      They do have a design (?) flaw, though. There's a screw, a spring and
      a washer in it. Problem is, the washer is between the spring and the
      screw head, not (like I think it should be) on the other end of the
      spring, protecting the plastic. I've seen this puzzle from a friend
      and the spring had already eaten through the plastic and thus the big
      middle layer piece is loose, you can move it in and out almost a
      centimeter. Quite annoying. I disassembled both of mine and fixed this
      problem. In one of them, the spring was already halfway through the
      plastic. Unfortunately, it's quite hard to disassemble...

      If you're mainly concerned about the stickers, maybe Adam Zamora will
      be able to help, he recently bought a sticker machine and I'll order a
      few from him and also ask him for Square-1 stickers (since I'd like to
      have the same color scheme as for 3x3). See this thread on
      twistypuzzles.com:
      http://www.twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3118

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Sunil, where did you get the Square-1s that appear on your
      > blogpage. My Square-1 is pretty crappy and I think your ones look
      > like the type I'm after. Do you find them good to use?
      >
      > Jasmine
      > http://speedcuber.blogspot.com/
    • Michael Atkinson
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
        I have a livejournal here:
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/snickersnee

        Once I have some money, I'm going to buy me a domain name and put a
        personal one on it.

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "h4m573r1"
        <h4m573r1@y...> wrote:
        > Hey everyone-
        > Just curious, but how many of us here actually use internet blogs
        > and stuff? I know some people who use Xanga, and Jasmine uses
        > Blogspot. It's kind of a fun stupid thing to do =D Just curious.
        > Post a link if you have a blog! So all of us here can visit it and
        > make fun of the weird stuff you post :)
        > (Alright, I know my jokes are really lame...)
        >
        > Oh, my xanga is http://www.xanga.com/h4m573r00
        > Not as interesting as Macky's Xanga... Or Tyson's! Ahh
        >
        > -Sunil
      • jasmine_ellen
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2004
          Hi Stefan,

          I get a 'page cannot be found error' when I go to
          http://hlavolamy.gumruch.cz/europe.php :(

          If I'm ever in Prague, I shall email you for the details of that
          store!

          The problem with my Square-1 is not really the stickers, I think the
          cube just came from a bad batch or something. I siliconed it, but
          this just made things worse. I had lost my good silicone and the
          replacement brand I bought was crappy. Oh well. Maybe I shall just
          have to visit Prague and stock up on Square-1s!! :)

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 4, 2004
            Strange... I clicked on it again (the link you wrote) and got the
            correct page. Please try again.

            The Square-1's I use (actually the Cube21 type) both had some
            lubricant inside already, which I completely removed after
            disassembling them. I even washed the pieces. Then I applied *a lot*
            of good silicone spray. When you say "it made things worse" for you,
            maybe yours also had some other lubricant inside which is not
            "compatible" with your silicone spray?

            I like mine very much now, gonna compare them to Lars's at DCD...

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > Hi Stefan,
            >
            > I get a 'page cannot be found error' when I go to
            > http://hlavolamy.gumruch.cz/europe.php :(
            >
            > If I'm ever in Prague, I shall email you for the details of that
            > store!
            >
            > The problem with my Square-1 is not really the stickers, I think the
            > cube just came from a bad batch or something. I siliconed it, but
            > this just made things worse. I had lost my good silicone and the
            > replacement brand I bought was crappy. Oh well. Maybe I shall just
            > have to visit Prague and stock up on Square-1s!! :)
            >
            > Jasmine
            > http://speedcuber.blogspot.com
            >
            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"
            > <pochmann@g...> wrote:
            > > Hi Jasmine,
            > >
            > > you could try to get some here:
            > > http://hlavolamy.gumruch.cz/europe.php
            > > (I found this page a while ago and I believe Ton also linked to
            > it).
            > > You could also visit Prague ;-) I easily found it in a store and
            > on
            > > markets.
            > >
            > > They do have a design (?) flaw, though. There's a screw, a spring
            > and
            > > a washer in it. Problem is, the washer is between the spring and
            > the
            > > screw head, not (like I think it should be) on the other end of
            > the
            > > spring, protecting the plastic. I've seen this puzzle from a
            > friend
            > > and the spring had already eaten through the plastic and thus the
            > big
            > > middle layer piece is loose, you can move it in and out almost a
            > > centimeter. Quite annoying. I disassembled both of mine and fixed
            > this
            > > problem. In one of them, the spring was already halfway through
            > the
            > > plastic. Unfortunately, it's quite hard to disassemble...
            > >
            > > If you're mainly concerned about the stickers, maybe Adam Zamora
            > will
            > > be able to help, he recently bought a sticker machine and I'll
            > order a
            > > few from him and also ask him for Square-1 stickers (since I'd
            > like to
            > > have the same color scheme as for 3x3). See this thread on
            > > twistypuzzles.com:
            > > http://www.twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3118
            > >
            > > Cheers!
            > > Stefan
            > >

            > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
            > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > > Hey Sunil, where did you get the Square-1s that appear on your
            > > > blogpage. My Square-1 is pretty crappy and I think your ones
            > look
            > > > like the type I'm after. Do you find them good to use?
            > > >
            > > > Jasmine
            > > > http://speedcuber.blogspot.com/
          • mike_go_uk
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2004
              > I like mine very much now,

              There's quite a lot of variation, even judging from a small sample of
              4 Square-1s. All improved by lubrication after cleaning (only one
              appeared to have been pre-lubricated), but none is really
              satisfactory. Haven't tried a Cube-21 yet...

              > gonna compare them to Lars's at DCD...

              Me too. See you there.

              Mike G
            • Josef Jelinek
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2004
                Hi,

                since I live in Prague, I can give you some information.
                It is true, that Czech variation of Square-1 Cube 21
                (which is in fact original - Square-1 is a copy :))
                is freely available in many shops here.

                However, recently the production of Cube 21 went to China
                and these new series are horrible, so be careful.
                The original series seems finished this year and they are
                really good (good plastic, shape, stickers) but the stock
                is limited.
                I do not sell them, but I know some people that have
                knowledge where to get what type...
                So If anyone is about to visit Prague and want to buy
                Cube 21 here, email me and I can ask for info about it...
                Cube 21 are well compatible with silicone oil in general...

                Best regards.

                Josef