Re: New Members/Slow Cubers :-)

  • addicted_2_my_rubiks_cube
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 9, 2002
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., jasmine_ellen <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Speaking of the Unofficial Cube Records, how often is it updated? I
      > sent in my time about 2 weeks and haven't seen it on the list. I
      was
      > wondering if my message had got chewed up in the ether, or if the
      > list just hasn't been updated.
      >
      > Smiles,
      >
      > J.

      I sent one in about two weeks ago, maybe a little more, and it is
      already posted. Maybe you should try sending it again.

      -Heath
    • texasgrape
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 9, 2002
        Chris (or Ron) usually update the Unofficial page pretty quick.
        I've sent in a couple of times and they are usually there within a
        day or two. I'd resend it if it has been two weeks.

        :-)
      • jasmine_ellen
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 11, 2002
          Turns out I didn't look as hard as I thought I did. :/

          My time (38 sec) is there. This is my best time ever, and it was a
          while ago. My best time recently is 50 seconds.

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., texasgrape <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Chris (or Ron) usually update the Unofficial page pretty quick.
          > I've sent in a couple of times and they are usually there within a
          > day or two. I'd resend it if it has been two weeks.
          >
          > :-)
        • jasmine_ellen
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 11, 2002
            Turns out I didn't look as hard as I thought. My time (38 sec) is
            there. This time was done a while ago. My best times recently are ~50
            seconds.

            [I posted a reply to this a little while ago but something went weird
            with my browser and I don't think it got through. I'm just explaining
            this now in case the other message turns up later!]

          • James Trimm <jstrimm@nazarene.net>
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 13, 2002
              Hello,

              My name is James Scott Trimm. I was introduced to the CUBE in
              while in high school in the 1980's. In a school of about 1,000
              students (L.D. Bell High School in Hurst Texas) only four of us
              could solve the cube (Myself, Tommy Moak, Richad Delinski and Jeremy
              <something>) We used to cube race during lunch every day (I have not
              heard from them in nearly 20 years... any of you guys here?)

              From the cube I found interest in related spacial puzzles. I am
              currently wrestling with square 1.

              I also enjoy three-dimesional chess:

              http://www.3dchessfederation.com

              Which also involves three-dimesnional thinking.

              James Scott Trimm
            • jasmine_ellen
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 14, 2002
                Welcome to the club James!

                Which method do you use for solving? What sort of times do you get?

                Jasmine.

                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "James Trimm

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 14, 2002
                  Nourse's Simple Solution.

                  My times average around 1 min. 30 sec.

                  I am aware that other solutions are faster.

                  Trimm

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Welcome to the club James!
                  >
                  > Which method do you use for solving? What sort of times do you get?
                  >
                  > Jasmine.
                  >
                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "James Trimm
                  > <jstrimm@n...>" <jstrimm@n...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > My name is James Scott Trimm. I was introduced to the CUBE in
                  > > while in high school in the 1980's. In a school of about 1,000
                  > > students (L.D. Bell High School in Hurst Texas) only four of us
                  > > could solve the cube (Myself, Tommy Moak, Richad Delinski and
                  > Jeremy
                  > > <something>) We used to cube race during lunch every day (I have
                  > not
                  > > heard from them in nearly 20 years... any of you guys here?)
                  > >
                  > > From the cube I found interest in related spacial puzzles. I am
                  > > currently wrestling with square 1.
                  > >
                  > > I also enjoy three-dimesional chess:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.3dchessfederation.com
                  > >
                  > > Which also involves three-dimesnional thinking.
                  > >
                  > > James Scott Trimm
                • Keith Sauer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 17, 2002
                    James,

                    It's a small world... I graduated from LD Bell in '85.

                    Welcome to the group.

                    Keith

                    My name is James Scott Trimm. I was introduced to the CUBE in
                    while in high school in the 1980's. In a school of about 1,000
                    students (L.D. Bell High School in Hurst Texas) only four of us
                    could solve the cube (Myself, Tommy Moak, Richad Delinski and Jeremy
                    <something>) We used to cube race during lunch every day (I have not
                    heard from them in nearly 20 years... any of you guys here?)

                    From the cube I found interest in related spacial puzzles. I am

                    <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .